WT Society Still Lies to JW's into Believing they Live Forever - 12/15 WT

by flipper 48 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

1925 + 100 = 2025.

They're learning. Hardly anyone lives to be over 100 and few, if any of them, ever bought into WT bullshit.

I feel you're pain. I'm right there with you.

The sad fact is these assholes are getting even MORE devious in their manipulative ways. They must be stopped.

Who is with me?

00DAD

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

They used one of their favorite weasel words on page 28, that JWs have a prospect of being in paradise.

17 Can you imagine what the ful?ll-
    ment of that will mean for you person-
    ally? Man-made national boundaries,
    which today in some sense mark every
    human as a foreigner, will no longer ex-
    ist. Any possible di?erences in appear-
    ance or any remaining normal physical
    characteristics will simply illustrate the
    marvelous variety found in God’s cre-
    ation. Such a thrilling prospect should
    motivate all of us to continue praising
    and honoring our Creator, Jehovah God,
    as best we can.

They also took an opportunity to put a positive spin on their downsizing, saying it is a sign that Jesus is ruling now and breaking down barriers.

18 Is it unrealistic to believe that such
    a global change can happen? No, it real-
    ly is not. On the contrary, it is totally
    reasonable to believe that it will happen.
    The very concept of “foreigner” has al-
    ready lost much of its meaning among
    Jehovah’s Witnesses, who pay little at-
    tention to the nationality of those in
    their midst. Recently, for example, sev-
    eral of their smaller branch o?ces were
    merged to simplify the work of over-
    sight and to improve e?ciency in ac-
    complishing the preaching of the good
    news of the Kingdom. (Matt. 24:14) As
    far as legal requirements permitted, na-
    tional barriers were ignored when such
    consolidations were made. That is yet
    another visible proof that Jesus Christ as
    Jehovah’s rightfully enthroned Ruler is
    breaking down human barriers, and he
    is the one who will soon “complete his
    conquest”!—Rev. 6:2.

• prologos
    prologos

irondork: you are right, the scriptures mention everlasting life. but wt has promised since 1918 that people will not, will never die. millions of them, then living !

Jesus as recorded in John 6 said that a future --partaker-- "-- HAS everlasting life, and I shall RESURRECT him at the last day--" verse 54.

No human has ever lived and not died. The wt writers are already discredited by their record. To again make a promise that they can not in any way fulfill,

will come to haunt them.

peace.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Living Forever" is the Carrot. Not surviving Armageddon, not being resurrected, going to meetings, reading the litteratrash, and doing the Field Serve-Us is the Stick.

Maybe the GB needs to read this book.

Carrots and Sticks

Offering reward along with punishment doesn't work for a lot of people. It never worked for me. When Mom tried to guilt and frighten me into going door-to-door when she herself didn't go, I asked her to show me the scripture that says handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines ensures my eternal salvation. She was unable to do so.

But the serpent said to the woman, ‘You will not die;

Actually, this is true. They died over 900 years later. After God denied them access to the Tree of Life by booting them out of the Garden of Eden. If they'd been allowed to eat of that tree, they would have been gods. Evidently, Jehovah didn't want that.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's a fairly successful tool. I remember telling an old friend I no longer attend, and that was her 1st reaction. Don't u want to live forever?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Great find Flipp

Jehovah's witnesses always told me that we won't be able to recall the former things in the old system

QUESTION: How are we gonna look back on things we can't remember . What will we have to compare

the right choice too ???

• wasblind
    wasblind

Now the darn fools tellin' us to remember the things we are suppose to forget !!!!

Get out of her people. your in a cult

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Yes, we can be ABSOLUTELY SURE that a HUNDRED YEARS from now , even a THOUSAND YEARS or MORE from now , we WILL be able to look back and say, " I definitely chose the course of real success ! "________WT 12 /15 page 7

OLD AGE / DEATH

" Have you ever wondered why we grow old and die? Some turtles live for hundres of years. Certain trees have lived for thousands of years. But humans live just 70 or 80 and then die "_________Reasoning book page 14

Success don't happen for those who sit and wait

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Jehovahs Witness meeting encourage to target:

1. people with deaths in the family

2. people with health problems

3. people with economic problems

They find people who are unhappy, and give them a carrot!!!

Now we know they can't reach that carrot at the end of the stick...................... but, once hooked the unsuspecting person is hooked!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Except that it's more of the same old stuff like 1914, 1925, 1975, but without a specific date, I would love to figure out a way to end this organization even 100 years from now, for the benefit of future "generations."

SO WATCHTOWER, ARE YOU SAYING THAT JEHOVAH WILL DEFINITELY BRING ABOUT ARMAGEDDON AND START RESTORING PARADISE WITHIN 100 YEARS? CAN WE LIST THE DATE 2012 PLUS 100- 2112? FOR SURE? NO DOUBT? YOU WILL DISBAND WATCHTOWER IF IT DOESN'T COME BY THEN, SELL THE KINGDOM HALLS AND SET THE CAPTIVES FREE FROM MIND CONTROL?

(Maybe leave out that last sentence.) Of course the problem is that anyone trying to pin them down and anyone answering WILL BE DEAD.

Flipper, maybe you see the change in your parents. I see it in my mother. She now knows that she will die "in this system of things" and is happy that her "worldly" husband has taken care of finances to get her through her late years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit