New letter RE public witnessing.. omg they are setting up stands!!!

by BigE 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

What's old is new again.

Literature stands have been used before, although it's been a while.

Notice the message that was being peddled prior to 1925. Today's Watchtower information will be about as reliable.

- Millions now living will never die.
    - You may be one of them.
    - The World has ended!
    - The Golden Age is here!
    - This means what it says!
    - It is a fact!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

What with all the shootings going on in public places, it might be good to have a stack of books to dive behind. Life saving information indeed !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I heard through the grapevines that in London , Ontario Canada the municipality has given permission to set up a stand in the public library. However they are forbidden to ask for donations.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Yes, I've seen them too and have former JW acquaintances that have been assigned to work the booths. They've sent out pics saying folks in the world are so depressed and just walking up asking for bible studies...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The cover of the current study Watchtower, Oct 15 has a pic of "Pioneers with mobile display in a city" Times Square??

I wonder if U K law will allow it? We are tougher on such things here. I also wonder who provides the trollies? Will The Society make them, at the right price or is it a D I Y job?

I could not see the British public stopping for a chat unless they were accosted by the publisher .....

• wasblind
    wasblind

LOL, This is a recipe for an ass whoopin' of epic proportions. And no escape

gotta sit there and take it

Can't even call the cops. the one givin' that ass whoopin' is protected under the guise of religion

After all, that's what their speakin' of . Ain't nothin' the cops can do . But sit and watch

• cedars
    cedars

BluesBrother

I could not see the British public stopping for a chat unless they were accosted by the publisher .....

I've heard the British version of the bookstand comes with a special device for getting the attention of otherwise disinterested passers-by...

hook

Cedars

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

If they ever set up in Grand Central proper, I believe the NYC and suburban commuters would demand no access to any religion. Port Authoriity and Penn Station are so ugly and present a yucky experience. Sadly, I no longer recall all the First Amendment public forum rules. They belong on the subway level!

I do know there are big problems with the Hare Krishnas. Once during Christmas season, I took a 6th Avenue line. All of a sudden about ten Santa Clauses entertained the train, ringing their bells, and demanding money for charity. I knew who they were. In fact, to altert others I demanded loudly to see theri charity collection permits from the New York State Attorney General. When they were not produced, I loudly proclaimed, you are a fraud. You are illegal. Every charity must be regisitered with the Attorney-Generals Office. Half of the train gave them generous amounts of money. They promptly ran off the train at the next stop. One woman turned to her friend and was furious. "How could you give them money?" "You know who they are?" "Hare Krishnas in disguise." Her friend started crying. She had no idea.

The Hare Krishnas make the Witnesses so main stream. I told the Transit Police what happened. If they want to wear orange robes and chant, that is a religious right. They were not the Salvation Army. New Yorkers are very gullible despite our vaunted sophistication. A gf worked in the U.S. Attorney's Office on federal land fraud cases. New York was targetted in documents for being a great place to find suckers.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "huckster," doesn't it?

• Dagney
    Dagney

I remember when they were announcing manning the tables at the DMV. I sol because my hours weren't high enough. And special consideration was given to pioneers first.

I've seen the booths at colleges, airports, shopping malls as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit