Is homosexuality wrong?

by forgetmenot 84 Replies latest jw friends

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I know that the Dub's view is that it is totally wrong. I live in an area where the majority of people think it is wrong. I don't think it is wrong (but I am not a homosexual).

What do you think?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How people decide to be intimate is none of my business - or anyone else’s.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• rhett
    rhett

No, its not. Somehow I doubt god (in whatever form you may believe in) really cares who you love or how you love them as long as you're both consenting adults and no one is taking advantage of anyone else.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• terafera
    terafera

A short question but needs a longggg answer!! I dont even wanna get into this one ...

BTW, while I dont feel it is our job to judge, we can make informed asessments in life. I feel homosexuality ecompasses more than just same sex partners. There are other aspects which includes morality, life style, emotional/physical/mental health issues.....

it is very indepth and complicated.

So I cannot give a short answer!

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

That's what my mother says but sometimes it becomes our business. Like if some one hits on you. Do you freak out or do you handle it the same way you would with the opposite sex? (P.S. you is not me)

I've just been watching something about a homosexual being beaten to death because he was gay. The area where it happened doesn't think that they "grow children like that" and they think that they don't care what people do in their private lives. "Let and let live" was their motto. But really it is a way of avoiding the issue. Like one guy said, "That just means that if I don't tell you i'm a homo, you won't kick the shit out of me." It isn't really a motto for a close knit community.

I was just wondering.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I find it interesting that so many men are terrified of being hit on by a homosexual. It's really not a big deal - just turn them away like you would a woman that you are not interested in.

I’ve known several homosexuals, and not one of them ever hit on me. I guess I wasn’t good enough for them!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ISP
    ISP

I am satisfied that many people have flaws in their make up that make them homosexually inclined. We all have flaws that affect us in different ways. I am not against homosexuals. I know some. Its not a matter of right or wrong. I know this dub who come from a true blue dub family having 3 lads. He is different. He does not like football or sport. The other two are mad on it. He talks effeminately and is a hit with the girls. He can talk easily with them...about their hair...clothes etc. He is not a homo..yet! But I think he is just different. It remains to be seen how he develops. But I bet he will be one day. He is a very nice person.

ISP

• MavMan
    MavMan

1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 (New Living Translation)

9Don't you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, 10thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers--none of these will have a share in the Kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26, 27 (New Living Translation)

26That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.

• terafera
    terafera

forgetmenot:

I watched that show you are talking about. I could tell it was protrayed in a certain light. You have to understand, you are watching a show that was written, produced and directed by a certain group with an agenda.

You are talking about the Matthew Shephard case. I noticed that while this was a horrible tragedy, they portray many in the town as ignorant, hicks. The ones pro-gay are spoken to with nice music in the background...in front of a college (as if to say they are educated), nice lighting.

The ones against homosexuality are interviewed in dingy areas, garages, run down homes, the music is dark and scary....

You have to keep your mind open and not be led by the director's view. I personally like to watch things that are 'neutral'. Just the facts and thats it. I like making up my own mind and not having a pro-agenda group sway me with sneaky tactics.

Again, that case was horrendous. But it paints over the homosexual lifestyle as innocent, which I think is not always the case. I think everyone should be able to have their own beliefs without fear of being harrassed, either for or against an issue.

• terafera
    terafera

Another thing is while ISP brings up a good point, I do not think you are born being gay. It is a choice, even though it may be a choice to act on a feeling that you inherently felt since youth.

Like Rosie O'Donnell stated,"It wasnt a case of coming out. I had sex with women, sex with men. I enjoyed both experiences. It was a case of wearing two different coats and seeing which one 'fit' better. I thought women fit better."

So her comment clearly shows not how she was born gay, but how she chose it. She was neutral about either one... actually enjoyed both sides but 'chose' women.

~There I go..saying I wouldnt give an answer but I couldnt help it!! I wont say another word...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit