'No Announcements' - Big Mistake!

by The Searcher 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

We are only a few short months into the "no more announcements - let them read the notice board" at the meetings, and now the effects of that new directive are beginning to reveal themselves: no information being given out regarding someone's loss of a relative, no information about someone who is ill or been admitted to hospital, and definitely no information about families moving out of the area and going to other congregations!!

However, announcements about "special" Christmas day field service must be made!!

The import of the apostle Paul's words really seem to have gone over the "decision-makers'" heads -

(Galatians 6:10) Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

Coupled with the removal of the weekly group Book Study, the detrimental consequences of eliminating fellow-feeling and closer contact with one another can only lead to one eventuality - alienating one another!

Or is that the motivation behind it all?

• BroMac
    BroMac

if someone is in hospital it will still be announced. but your right officialy nothing.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Interesting, I didn't know they had stopped the announcements.

They seem determined to remove any humanity from the meetings.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I find it very curious that they've made the meetings shorter and eliminated the bookstudy. Even district conventions are shorter now than they used to be.

The magazines have shrunk and gone from bi-monthly to monthly.

How can they spin all of this to mean "the work is speeding up as we get closer to the end" and "God's army is advancing?"

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

When did they announce that there would not be any of these kind of announcements?

Nver heard of it.

NJY

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "When did they announce that there would not be any of these kind of announcements? Nver heard of it."

See! It's working already...

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'd be interested in hearing more about this directive.

Does it include all sorts of announcements? No more DF announcements? lol

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have noticed that my wife's congo tend to bend the rules slightly - depends on the COBE, I guess. You are right though, the directive was no more announcements except letters from the Bethel and official ones

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And the grand homogenization of the WTS continues.

Betcha the "local needs" talks are getting dialed up, though...

• jws
    jws

Haven't been following the board recently and this is the first time I'm hearing of it.

I suppose it's to limit lawsuit risk?

If they announce something personal or private (like health conditions), they could be at risk of lawsuit. Of it they mention some gathering, maybe it could be considered "congregation-sponsored" and they'd be potentially liable if anything happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit