the mess in the west continued

by Hortensia 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yeah, I did love walking around the harbor, and looking at Mount Laguna with snow on it. I wouldn't mind another trip to San Diego some day, Balboa park, the harbor, mount Soledad, Torrey Pines. Yummmmm

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hortensia, I just heard on the news you all up there just got 34" of snow with this latest storm. Wow!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Yes, Mrs. Jones, it's still coming down, storm warning til Sunday. I'm loving every bit of it. Of course I don't have to go out in it if I don't want to go. I feel sorry for the folks who have to work today. Lisa Rose - chains or snow tires required from Dunsmuir to Weed, unfortunately.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Hortensia:

Lots of rain here in our foothill valley and snow higher up.

Actually, raise a cup of coffee to mine. Drink it any time. Not much on wine, but we already discussed that?

Contemplating how I'm going to keep my cool tonight at Poochie's house. At home now on desktop. Hope I can get my laptop going as the wifi dropped off. Can you imagine my journaling her nocturnal activities on PAPER?!?!?!

CC

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Don't worry Hortensia, My husband is the boy scout type - always prepared, he stopped and got chains on the way home. It's funny that we went ten years in Colorado and didn't need them once, but have to have them here in California. I used to live east of Sacramento, and my kids used to get snow days off from school, because the buses were up in Placerville, 2000 Feet so if there was dusting of snow the buses didn't run. My step son never got one snow day in Colorado. Just a different perspective, snow was normal there.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Lisa Rose -- have a good trip, then!!!

CoCo -- do not chastise me for the multiple exclamation points. Either over feed the dog or exercise it until it is dog-tired.

Raising my coffee cup to yours -- stil snowing here, still loving it. I hope you're liking the rain, too, although I suppose it cuts into your walking, doesn't it?

Hortensia

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Made it through with no major delays, a little slowing due to lots of trucks. Snow, but no chain controls at Shasta or Siskiyu. At Grants Pass for the night. I thought of you Hortensia when I drive by.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

That's great Lisa Rose -- It was sunny here most of the morning and I could hear the snow plows all over the place. Glad your trip worked out -- I thought of you this morning, too, wondering when you would be passing through the area.

Snowing again now, lightly but steadily.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Hortensia:

Creeks here are raging torrents.

Rain slacking off now. Thirty minutes ago could barely get Poochie out the door. May be something awaiting me on the kitchen floor when I tuck her in for the night.

At a different house now -- lakefront and beautiful (well, not so much today as lake's a muddy mess). Getting the big Golden ready to go out. He's a dream-dog: quiet and mellow and ever sleepy!

More later!

Loved that photo of Shasta that you identified as smack-dab in your front yard.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (OK to hyperbolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, it's true, there's not much between me and the mountain, I have one of the best views in town. Pet that golden retriever or lab, whatever it is, for me. They are such sweet dogs.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much water gets into Shasta Lake next spring when the snow melts. The lake was so low this year it made me sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit