I was the weird kid in the class....

by punkofnice 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

.......because I was raised a JW and not allowed to do anything like birthday parties and the like.

I was ridiculed because I was dragged around on the 'ministry'(TM) and my class mates saw and laughed.

I wasn't allowed to go into school morning assembly even though it wasn't religious...just in case.....so I used to get beat up in the cloak room.

I tried to fit in but had too many guilt trips.

I now loathe the God concept and the GB!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I guess I had it easier. Never got beaten up becaus I was a JW but there was definitely a lot of ridicule.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i see it didnt do you any harm punk!!!

i went to an all boys grammar scool in birmingham---UK. think of it like a cross between a PoW camp and a borstal.

there were about 1000 boys there--aged 11---18. i was taken out of the religious assembly each morning--& had to line up outside the door together with 3 jews and 2 hindu's. the catholic boys had their own class. after the ridicule wore off--i was just regarded as a bit odd--quite rightly so !

what really pi55ed me off--was years later--at a neighbouring circuit assembly--i found 2 other dub kids--both born-ins---but they never stayed out of the school assembly. 1 of them was in the same class as me !!----i real moron too. a few years later--his ugly sister married one of my dub--pals.

• wasblind
    wasblind

punkofnice I didn't grow up witness

But I understand why you feel the way you do about God

if I were in your shoes , I'd probably feel the same

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Me too. And I still have no desire to murder innocent people. In fact I've shed many many tears over what has happened over there at Newtown

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

School + Witness Kid = mental anguish

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I had to stay out of gym class when they were doing yoga and again when they decided we should all learn to slow dance. Everyone thought I was weird.

Punky, did you read my blog this week?

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses - Standing Out in a Crowd

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hated being different! I used to do what I could to fit in. But being a witness kid made you stand out even if you tried not to.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I was the weird Witness kid too.

I try to see the benefit of it in that I learnt to stand on my own two feet despite peer pressure.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I feel your pain...not only was I the weird JW kid, but I was rather a bit

of a chunk too. Also, very poor and my clothes were rather awful. I was

a sad child. But the experience helped form who I am today and I don't

think I've done that bad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit