Hello

by Tameria2001 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Hello, it’s been a long time since I was an active member to this forum. Life had gotten busy, and I had forgotten my old log in information. It was 11 years, and 3 computers ago when I had made my original account here. So I would like to introduce to you who I am.

When I was very little, the woman who I now refuse to call mom became a JW. I grew up in that cult, which I now hate with a passion; to me it is a very disgusting and Satanic. My husband also grew up in the cult as well. If you noticed the 2001 after my name, it is the year both my husband and I had officially left it. Once we had finally figured out that the organization is nothing but a pack of lies, a heavy weight that had been weighing me down had been lifted. To me they are nothing but a publishing company under the guise of being a Christian religion, using slaves to peddle their propaganda. Yes I use the word slaves, because they do not pay those people to do what they do for them. Yes I was a regular pioneer for a few years, back when they required them to put in 90 hours a month.

Even though relatives who are still active member are to have no dealing with those who have left, the woman who gave birth to me (her words, not mine) would still send me letters and talk to me on the phone, but she would refuse to visit me in person. Every so often she would ask me if I am planning on coming back, and when I would tell her no, she would cut all contact with me for a while. Just about when I would think I would never hear from her again, I would get a letter or a phone call from her again. This happened for the next 7 years, until I finally ended all contact with her. When my husband and I bought and moved into our home I made that my fresh start from her, and turned it around on her. I guess you would say that I have shunned that manipulative woman. It was the best thing I have ever done for my mental health, besides getting out of that cult. My sister, who has also left the JWs, had gone to a funeral only a few days ago, where that woman was also. I was not there; I refuse to be in the same location as her. My sister’s dealing with that witch left her with a bruised, and dislocated arm, and a ruined blouse, and proving to me that woman has not changed one bit. My sister by the way is in her 30’s, and is engaged to get married to her second husband.

When I left, the last thing that woman told me to my face was now that I left Jehovah’s organization that my marriage would end, and that my life would basically go to hell. But the complete opposite happened. At that time, my husband was planning on committing suicide, because the stress that his own JW relatives and the cult was putting on him, both were making him feel like he was a worthless piece of crap. After leaving, the bond between my husband and I actually grew stronger, we just celebrated our 19 th wedding anniversary in September. Our children had also become so much happier after getting away from it. It is interesting on what they still can remember from the days with their own dealing with the cult. Both of my boys, the eldest is almost finished with high school, and the other is not far behind, tell me several times each year that they are very thankful that I had loved them enough to get them away from that. Most of the time both my husband and I just go about our lives as normal, but then there are days, memories and emotions (not good ones either) of our time in it would surface. It is during those times I am very thankful that I have a partner in life that fully understands what I have dealt with.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome back!

I'm glad you and your husband escaped.

I'm always happy when I hear of parents waking up in time so their children who won't have to live in the WT system.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Beautiful , I love success stories

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome back

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Way to go

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hello!

I hate this cult too!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome back. I love to hear after the Watchtower success stories. A lot of people need to hear them.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Welcome back. Always good to hear from someone who has successfully gotten away from that mess.

I'm sorry that your sister got 'beat up'.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Nice meeting you. Congrats on you 19th anniversary.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Tameria-Nice to hear from you! Welcome back. I'm jealous that you got out with your husband, but very happy for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit