History of disfellowshippings (Biblically)

by MavMan 46 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"Thi: You are not good at reasoning eh? Read verse 15 once again, see the connection between being sick ""(spiritually sick)"" and then "if the person had sinned"?"

You prove my point, it THEN states, "Also" "IF" the person had sinned... What "IF" he had not sinned? Then the process would be meaningless in the first place! Why then go? Why does the WT not oil sinners as instructed in the bible? Why do this at all?

Please show proof that it is a spiritually sick person and not just a physically sick person.Why does the Bibe state to confess your sins to one another, if we have the elders for that?

You and the WT add ""(spiritually sick)"" to that verse and you think we all should roll over and die. Stop adding words that are not there!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Speaking against Jehovah's organization on this forum.

As has been pointed out, you yourself are opposing "Jehovah's organization" by your presence on this forum. Be sure to mention in your letter applying for reinstatement that you post here regularly.

Before you do that, however, perhaps you could demonstrate clearly from the scriptures that God does indeed work through a single, monolithic organization in Christian times.

After you've done that, you'll next need to prove scripturally that JW's are that organization, despite their lies, hypocrisy, and their fitting perfectly the Bible's description of a false prophet.

And, since you wish to teach us about the 'scripturalness' of disfellowshipping as carried out by the Watchtower, perhaps you can answer the several questions with which I challenged You Know months ago on this forum. In asking them, I assumed for the purpose of discussion that the Bible authorizes elders only, as opposed to the congregation at large, to try cases of wrongdoing, even though that is not a scriptural teaching. I'm still waiting for an answer from You Know; perhaps you can do better:

We still need scripture to prove:

(1) that the elders handling such cases of sin should do so in secret,

(2) that in no case and at no time should the congregation ever be informed as to what the sin was, only as to the outcome of the hearing, which they must accept without question,

(3) that witnesses would not be permitted at such hearings, except within very specific guidelines, and then, that these witnesses could provide testimony only and then be dismissed, not allowed to observe other parts of the hearing,

(4) that the person 'on trial' would not be permitted to make any record of the proceeding, even taking notes,

(5) that there would be no appeal from the decision of the committee except to another identical 'star-chamber' hearing.

All of the above are actual practices of the Watchtower as carried outr through its judicial committees today and as detailed in the elders' manual and Body of Elder letters. Please provide the scriptural directives for those five points.

Tom

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Tom.....

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

• JT
    JT

MavMan says:

"I have never heard or seen a case where someone was disfellowshipped for accepting alternative service, transplants or practicing oral sex."

############

I will accept that you may "personally" have never seen or heard of persons being DFed for this offenses, but let me ask you

Are you aware that these three things were presented to jw as being DFing and DAing offenses thru the pages of the wt and thru letters to the elders on handling these matters as judical cases?

All three of them would result in a Judical committee being formed and if you had voilated them and DID NOT SHOW REPENTANCE you would be Dfed or DA.

Were you aware that this is a teaching of JW?

I look forward to your response

James

• D8TA
    D8TA

For some reason, when I envision a Fundalmentalist trying to "prove a point"...and losing the argument...I see somebody with a Bible,Quaran, or Torah. Raising it high above their heads they shout: "By the power of Grayskull...errr, *cough* GOD ALMIGHTY, I have the power"!

Taliban said they had "God" on their side. Everyone else=evil.
    WTBTS says they have "God" on their side. Everyone else=evil.
    Taliban supressed their women and children.
    WTBTS supresses women and children.
    Taliban forbade education from beyond their point of view.
    WTBTS forbids education from beyond their point of view.
    Taliban issued consequence by their "theology" if it was questioned.
    WTBTS issues consequence by their "theology" if it is questioned.

Which one of these groups is doing it's own thing? Can you tell, which one? Which one of the groups is doing it's own thing? Can you tell me before my song is done? Before the song is done. (Sesame Street song).

D8TA

• chezza
    chezza

Mavman may i say here that if you have truly repented and jehovah has forgiven you and the elders decided that you would not be reinstated it just shows you that jehovah didnt disfellowship you, men did, and you have have placed your life in the hands of controling men who use the position and power they have to play god with peoples lives.

• new boy
    new boy

QUOTE FROM BETHEL ELDER

"God in the old days, we would have taken them outside the city walls and stoned them,--------- those were great times-----how I miss them!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit