History of disfellowshippings (Biblically)

by MavMan 46 Replies latest jw friends

• MavMan
    MavMan

First expulsion: Adam and Eve

First disfellowshipping: Cain

Biblical practice, got any questions?

• hannibal
    hannibal

Mavman,
    What are u going to do when the T-wolves
    kick the mavs ass in the first round?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm let me see here...

Using a crusty old book written by an ancient desert nomad as basis to destroy countless families and lives, sometimes resulting in suicide, and calling it a "loving provision".

Yeah, I think I got it. "My yoke is kindly and my load is light."

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• MavMan
    MavMan

hannibal: Oh man, you're walking on dangerous ground there lol... I do like the T-wolves, but will they get through the first round? That's the only way they'll face the Mavs.

• JT
    JT

interesting post, could you tell us what it is called when the person is not Guilty of doing anything Biblically wrong?

the reason I ask is that your religion has invoked the bible as the basis for DFing folks who took

1. Alternative jobs- now we know that it was never bases on the bible

2. Transplants- now we know that is was never based on the bible

3. OKed divorce on the grounds of Oral Sex and Dfed those who did it

now we know that they were never based on the bible

so while i will not argue that the bible perhaps support the Principal of DFing - what happens when someone like the GB decides to include items on the list that can get one DFed - then say it is supported by the bible, df a person, they lose their family and friends

only to be told a couple years later that IT WAS NEVER IN THE BIBLE TO START WITH

you see the elders are often times given "bible base" directions that end up being "Man based"

so while you have given 2 examples of the processs, what do you call it when the grounds for DFing are completly "biblically basesless"

i look forward to your thoughts

just a side point i make a purpose to share my post with a Number of NONJW here at work,\

they are amazed at all the rules that jw have esp the ones that have no bible basis and are being presented as though they are

could you share how you as a jw reconcile having dogmas are not supported by the bible and at the same time condemn others religions when they have dogmas not in the bible

All of us here in the Server Room are looking forward to your thoughts

James

• Will Power
    Will Power

Disfellowshiping for murder?

How does that compare with harboring a belief that the date 607 BC is BUNK?, or that since "every eye did not see" Christ's return in 1914 maybe it didn't happen? or Since life went on after 1914 maybe the world didn't end? and the rest of their propaganda, etc., etc.
    How is it that loyalty to a man made organization is more important than provable facts? and thus the cruel & unusual punishment is disfellowshipment. Is this biblical?

NONE of the above is GOOD NEWS and the spread of IT must be STOPPED.

Coffee anyone?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Yes the practice of withdrawing fellowship is mentioned in the Bible(like the example of a extreme case of immorality in 1Cor). However, it is the misuse of disfellowshipping that is wrong and not Bible based.

As an example, the JW misuse of disfellowshipping many times makes invalid Jesus’ restoration examples of the Prodical Son and the Shepard leaving the 99 sheep to reclaim the one.

• MavMan
    MavMan

I have never heard or seen a case where someone was disfellowshipped for accepting alternative service, transplants or practicing oral sex.

the JW misuse of disfellowshipping many times makes invalid Jesus’ restoration examples of the Prodical Son and the Shepard leaving the 99 sheep to reclaim the one.
    Thi: It is not a misuse, they are forbidding the fellowship of the brotherhood for impenitent wrongdoers. The illustration of the Prodigal Son, he chose to not fellowship with the family while he was involved in wrongdoing. Did he not go off to a very far place? But when he returned and the father sees him from far away, what does he see in his son? Does the son's actions show repentance? That is the point to that illustration that Jesus gave.
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

Read my answer on the other thread, Mav.

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You prove my point. The prodical son did not have to wait three months to a year be accepted back into his fathers house, did he? Why not?

It goes very well with Paul’s views. Paul was talking about persons who ARE fornicators, who ARE greedy persons not persons who were once these things at one time.

Also, Paul stated that the majority who rebuked the wrongdoer was enough. Paul says nothing about disfellowshipping the minority who choose not to rebuke the wrongdoer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit