Atheists, what do you think of this video?

by cedars 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Believing is a human emotion, affirmative action has proven to create better and worthier results.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL. I don't find this video offensive. But an interesting contrast you draw, Cedars, because I don't know an atheist that would actually find it offensive, but what if it was a song about the uselessness of prayer and the myth of miracles? Interesting. Voices are great. I too am bemused by the premise, but I gotta hand it to the believers---they know how to stir up the emotions! LOL.

• rebel8
    rebel8

There can be miracles when you believe.

Though hope can be frail, it's hard to kill.

Yes I believe both of those things. But I don't discern any reason why those concepts must apply to the supernatural.

I believe we can achieve health care reform here. I've been working on it for decades. My hope has been frail at times, but it's been impossible to kill. And it will be a miracle if we achieve it.

Just one example

Being an atheist does not mean you have no hope, no wonder, no belief in something greater.

• cofty
    cofty

Being an atheist does not mean you have no hope, no wonder, no belief in something greater.

^This ^

• cantleave
    cantleave

Why would an Atheist be disturbed by this?

I appreciate beauty and have not had an emotional bypass! I just look for rational explanations for things that stir my emotions.

I don't fill the gaps in the body of scientific knowledge with myths and fairt tales. I an satisfied that where there are no answers at present, one day they will be found, and the challenge of finding them will be an adventure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit