Who cares about 2014

by konceptual99 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Like others have said, 2014 and the following proceeding years will be insignificant for the majority of the JWS, it may present

some internal doubts for some but most JWS will just be like good dotting followers and swallow the next portion of " meat in due season ".

The January article shows that the WTS. is attempting to wash itself clean from the past but still trying to retain the imposing power and control

of which it previously acquired. Never under estimate what direction a religious organization like will venture into, they have

in the past changed the names and titles of its two main pieces of literature such as the Watchtower and Awake magazines .

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

well...they are making a big enough deal out of preaching in Korea for the past 100 years that they put it on the official website and distribute a special four page tract! yippee.

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/asia/south-korea/jehovahs-witnesses-100-years-south-korea/

can't wait till they spin one hundred years after 1914 into something positive...move the finish line and runners get tired. keep moving it and they get pissed. make it 100 YEARS and people just don't care anymore. "The End" ya say...great! At least something happened!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its just another year for the JWs... Where else would they go?

• scotoma
    scotoma

Blood moon on Memorial 2014

Blood moon on Memorial 2015

2015 marks the end of 40 years of wandering in the wilderness after they were ready to enter the New World in 1975

There is always a new story that can be cooked up.

Some stories are eerily seductive.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Blood moon on Memorial 2014

Blood moon on Memorial 2015

2015 marks the end of 40 years of wandering in the wilderness after they were ready to enter the New World in 1975.

WOW! NOW THAT IS ORIGINAL!

I'm convinced that the Writing Department gleans some great ideas from this site!

Doc

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Oh DOC Not 2014!!!!!! : [say it]

[say it isn't so]

[say it]

[say it isn't so]

Say it isn't so painful to tell me that you're dissatisfied (with 1914).

Last time I asked you I really got a lame excuse (a new generation you said)

I know that you lied.

Now wicked things can happen...you see em goin down in war.

But when you play in a quiet way that bites it even more.

[say it]

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

say it]

Tell me what you want yeah

Ill do it baby I promise right now.

[say it]

Who propped you up when you were stopped low motivation had you on the ground.

I know your first reaction you slide away hide away goodbye.

But if there's a doubt maybe I can give out a thousand reasons why.

You have to say it isn't so...

[it isn't so].

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so]

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so].

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so]

[say it]

We like to be the strangers at the party, two rebels in a shell.

[say it]

You like to move with the best of them you know we move so well.

Don't need someone to lean on. I know that there's an open door.

But if Im faced with being replaced I want you even more so baby say it isn't so...

[it isn't so].

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so].

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so]

I say it isn't so

[it isn't so]

[say it]

[say it isn't so]

• scotoma
    scotoma

DOC,

It seems as if the JW's incoherent views about the "end" are kept simple so that there is plenty of room to wiggle out if they have to.

You can disprove their favorite interpretations in an elevator trip.

Just get them talking and keep asking What do you mean and how do you know that.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Carl Sagan: Broca's Brain (1983), pages 332,333

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world"_______Reasoning book page 200

WeLLLL,

If any Witness come ringin' my door bell in the year 2014, I will show them the reasoning book

and ask them how many witnesses alive at the time of the fulfillment is in attendance at the halls today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit