does anyone dream they are on the ministry?

by pajaha 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pajaha
    pajaha

Or maybe that should be "nightmare" - not dream.

It happens less and less, but still does now and again after 10 years. It's always associated with a great feeling of dread and going from door to door knowing you do not believe what you are saying (I should point out that, while I was in it, I pretty much did believe it).

I guess it shows how big a part of our lives it once was - a bit like you often dream of being in school or of long-departed relatives.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I used to, but not for a very longtime.

• cult classic
    cult classic

From time to time I have nightmares that I'm at the group for field service. I'm always smiling and making conversation. And I can never find the way out!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I had a weird dream that started out as field service, and somehow turned into a hostage situation. Seriously. Wish I remembered more details, but I think it was my subconsious screaming at me. This was after I had been inactive for a couple years.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I have never had a "field service" dream or nightmare. Though I have had daymares while out in field service!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I used to have nightmares .. of being in the KH and evryone is all a buzz.. and I'm just Busting at the seams cuz no one seems to know I'm DF'd..

A rush of panic sets in as I'm sure some one will figure it out.... They don't know WTF why are they talking to me? what will happen when they figure it out!!

It always ways woke me up .. And I would be sick!!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Yes...sometimes. I also get dajavu when I walk into a donut shop.........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I classify it as a bad dream and not a nightmare, since I usually am not terrified of what is going on.

However, I have had this issue at times. Usually I would "relapse" into going to a boasting session, or a period where I would go back, not knowing why and vowing to quit again (as if it was a smoking habit, though much more damaging). Or, a book study group or field circus group was preparing to meet (either it was at my home, or I was at their home and didn't get out in time). I have also had dreams where I was getting a dose of Kingdumb sxxx, that was going to ultimately damn my soul. Usually I would be either puzzled on how I got here or pxxxed at getting pulled here. Some of the Kingdumb "maladies" were weird--including The Jackson's Up On the House Top (the day that fine Christmas song becomes a Kingdumb Malady is about the day I plan to really return).

As for field circus, I have had that bad dream, too. Again, terror wasn't the issue. It was more about either not being properly prepared for the call, being forced against my will (or to stay out beyond quitting time), or something dreadful would happen (such as soul damnation) as a result. On occasion, I would actually be working a section of territory (such as an apartment building) or headed into the city from where I used to live. Generally, I would find myself starting at a house where field circus is meeting and not able to dodge going out without risking a hounding or being coerced into going out. At least, if it was in my house, the Christmas lights and decorations were often up.

• pixel
    pixel

If you dream you are out in the ministry, please don't forget to count your time when you wake up

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

All the time, and I've been out for 8 years. I have meeting and assembly dreams too. I'm always unhappy in these dreams and want to get out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit