does anyone dream they are on the ministry?

by pajaha 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's been a long time since I have dreamed JW anything

• processor
    processor

My wife once dreamt that she would have been in the ministry. She asked me, an elder then, whether she could count the hours on her report.

I replied: "If you now go into the ministry and the people tell you 'I have dreamed of you', you can."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

The Mrs gets nightmares of lunchtime at the Circuit assemblies...surrounded by nasty people she never liked. Once in a while I dream of Donut shops....

• trillaz
    trillaz

I'm happy to report that I do not. I used to dream about field service before going out in field service.

• not bitter
    not bitter

Yep I do. Well the dreams are normally about my Dad dragging me out of bed on a weekend to force me to go out which is normally what used to happen 20 years ago. In the dream I think I usually manage to get out of actually knocking on a door.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

When I was in, I used to have nightmares that involved dead people hanging from telephone lines, war, people trying to kill me, etc. In Kindergarten, I vividly remember a dream I had where people were trying to kill all the kids at my school with bows and arrows. Having been out for 15 years, I no longer have these kind of nightmares, but about once every 2 months without fail, I'll have one about being out in service. In those, I'll totally forget that I have a husband and children, and they will all start out with a JW friend or relative dragging me out with an empty bookbag and no presentation and go downhill from there.

• l p
    l p

Yeah I had one last night....but it was about being in the KH.....what triggered it is this week I had a visit from one of my mums best friends in the borg.....my mum died 2 years ago...my mum left with me 7 years ago....but they always stayed in touch...less though bec she faded or abruptly left ....

anyway...this woman turns up at my door....i was having a shit day as it were due to feelings about loss of mum....really coincidental that she turned up...cos she lives 3 hours drive away...

anyway i didn't let her in bec i have a christmas tree up.... i was talking to her for 3 mins or so then she asks to use the toilet.....bloody hell i wanted to say no but how can you....so i said sure....she comes in uses the toilet....and then stands next to the christmas tree talking to my son,......fuck!!

anyway she pretty much got on her bike within a minute or so...and as she was walking out the door she said for me to go down the coast and stay with her for a weekend with another sister, another best friend of my mum......

i was polite and said oh thanks yes that would be lovely....

but there is absolutely no way im going bec she will go to the meeting on the sunday and expect to take me and my son...i dont want him anywhere near that shit.....

and then the whole weekend would be about going back to the borg....lots of probing personal questions etc....

so last night i had a bad dream....

shit aye!!

Lp

• TMS
    TMS

When I retired in 2004, I found myself reliving my entire life in dreams, sometimes handling situations better than in real life. In the dreams I was aware of my new enlightened, post-JW posture and incorporated it into JW dream situations or hassles in the entry level job I held for 30 years because of being a JW. What I found disturbing is that, even after waking up in a dream, knowing the situation was bogus, I frequently couldn't prevent myself from going back into that same dream.

It's taken me about a decade for the less-than-pleasant JW and work dreams to subside. Now, I find myself only going back into them if I do too much late night reading on JWN.

tms

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit