How many exBethelites?

by Christ Alone 36 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Did some time in Mill Hill..... Opened the eyes for sure. Spiritual Paradise? Spiritual Prison!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Brooklyn 89-92

• mrquik
    mrquik

I noticed that over the years, the ones that returned from Bethel service rarely spoke openly of their experience. Like soldiers returning from combat, they kept alot to themselves. The few I knew that took a stand were, of course, "purged". It didn't dawn on me & I'm sure it doesn't dawn on the R&F today that things aren't all that peachy at the compound. I'm impressed by the list of exBethelites though not suprised.

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

I did my time from 1962 to 1964 and I've never looked back. Worked in the Kitchen under the strict supervision of Karl Hoppe.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Christ Alone, looks like you should revise the list to include yourself, Borges and Tiktaalik

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have been "fortunate" enough to have visited about 9 Bethels. Some I worked at temporarily. Mostly my experience was great. I had a family member that was serving, who had a very bad experience. They are still loyal to the organization, they just don't feel the same way about Bethel.

5 young guys locally have gone off in the past year and a half. I honestly wanted to plead with them not to do it.

I personally applied when I was 19. When I was accepted, I commited fornication. Wow did I dodge a bullet.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Just a side point. Dress codes are all localized but fairly strict. The non-US branches are usually not as stiff. The upper management is basically all the same. I will say, sometimes you get these guys that all started off sincerly wanting to help others, and they made a difficult foreign country their home. A certain amount of humility seems to stay with them, and they usually are fairly understanding and balanced. Still towing the company line, but doing so with a certain cache.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit