• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I have a feeling that in actuallity the list is much longer

• yesidid
    yesidid

It is at least one short!

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I was in the Australia Bethel from 1986 to 1989.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I never visited any of the other branches. Are they just as strict as us bethel? I assume they would be. Do all branches sign vows of poverty? Are there guidelines for how much money you are allowed to make doing g jobs?

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

@ PincessPeachz: I reckon I know your brothers

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

More Bethelites here than at any Circuit Assembly.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I was at Wallkill back before Patterson went into operation and while it was still named Watchtower Farms. For the most part, I enjoyed it. Left for a woman. Was there for a little over a year. For me it was just business as usual there. Nothing weird, except for one thing: the department overseer was talking about the NWT and mentioned it had over 1000 errors in it, but to keep it confidential because people would go nuts if they found out. The context of the conversation was about the cross-references, but in retrospect, I suspect it was much more than that.

• clarity
    clarity

Puff ........ I've heard about this form. Crrrreepy!

>

"My second day in bethel, we had to sign a AUTHORIZATION FOR BODY DISPOSAL form. Right away they make sure you know they own you."

>

Wonder how we could get a copy of it?

clarity

• Borges
    Borges

I've been at german Bethel from 1985 -1986, and again from 1989 till 1997 (construction, maintenance, magazine shipping).

• Scott77
    Scott77

Bethel fits what most people think of when using the word cult. The intensity of the indoctrination is overwhelming
    jwfacts

Very true. I have never been a Bethelite but did visit New York Bethel a couple of years ago. I was unimpressed with their dinning Cafeteria arrangement and dress. Men wore white shirts and were very talkative during lunch meal. A large number of people probably over five hundred at a concetrated place just for a lunch meal! When compared, dinning caferias are way much better and flexibility is likeable. When I was offered a guided tour of the complex, I happed to see the laundry area. Since it a very hot summer time, I was dumbfounded to see African American men in full suit and ties doing ironing of clothes. Granted, ironing is a good thing and I do it myself however, what is the purpose of doing it when you are dressed in suit and a tie in a hot room and a hot summer time?

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit