the Service Meetings didn't prepare me for this

by stillin 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Way back in the day, a few of my pals and myself used to call this sure evidence there is a god.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“She was ample in her display and still young and pretty, and after I asked if she wanted us to wait or come back and she said "No," I just looked into her eyes the whole time.”

Translates as: AFTER I sized up her display of young and pretty ampleness, I looked into her eyes to see the only thing I hadn’t yet looked at. I wanted to see the whole thing.

Right?

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

‘I just looked into her eyes the whole time.’

Aw, the benefits of peripheral vision!

• lumper
    lumper

My longest lasting memory involves working an apt building over top a bar-basically a flophouse. An older man comes to the door without a shirt on; this reveals a growth in the middle of his chest that looks like an undeveloped twin that never saw life. I make the presentation all the while curious and horrified by his chest buddy. Finally its over and my buddy pipes in as we walk down the hall, "I don't know what it was but maybe we should have killed it before it grows." At that we break into hearty laughter for ten minutes and eventually just go home- day ruined by "chest boy."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

When I was a much younger man..we witnessed to groups of hookers in Union Square San Francisco...they giggled during the entire presentation.

Went to a nudist colony in the hills a few times..they giggled too. always took the Mags. Nudist women in the 70s had hairy armpits....and legs.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I had a middle aged lady answer the door naked. She accepted the magazines even though in my nervousness I said something about my being there to share the naked truth of the Bible with her. As she turned to get the money out of her purse, I noticed she had a tattoo on her rear end that at one time was probably a small butterfly but at this stage in her life had become the size of a Condor.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Never had a nudie answer the door, but shirtless men always completely threw me off my game.

• pajaha
    pajaha

You'd hear the odd story occasionally about semi-naked women answering the door, but it was always other people, alas. That was the Holy Grail.

I do remember calling on a man who answered the door dressed as a woman and stumbling through my presentation as quickly as possible.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I guess for the naked men you could ask. .".Have you ever wondered about the Bibles view of circumcision?"

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That's putting the "service" into field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit