Facebook message from ex brother-in-law

by jeremiah18:5-10 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So he never has any contact with you, but now that he has decided you're an apostate he is writing to tell you that he will never have any contact with you.

I think I'd have gone for a shorter answer. Something like: "Piss off." Or, maybe, "are you joking? You never have any contact with us anyway."

• Tessy
    Tessy

You have to wonder why he feels that after all these years of no contact he needs to contact you to tell you that there will be no further contact.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think your answers and approach were great!

i totally believe in taking the empowered, offense approach whenever possible. He may not "get" your points, but you have put him in his place set the rules of the game, which is what it is.

I subscribe to "less is best," however. Too many points and too many words can dilute a message. I love the fact you called him on "gossip." I've done that and threatened a family member (a MS), I would take him to his elders if I heard so much as a peep from him that hinted of slander or gossip. And if his elders did nothing I'd write the society. I do emphasis my life is between me and "Jehovah." Most elders will back away from pressing further on that.

Good luck to you.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah you're gonna get a lot of facebook hate from Jah-NO-vah Witt-less-ness when you start, ya know, enjoying your life instead of being a willing victim in a so called legalistic paradise. I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago via facebook, and lot of witnesses have removed me, the mentally diseased apostate, from their friendslist, but oh well, there problem, not mine. Sorry for your experience, but excellent reply. JW's only see the world from there warped point of view. But of course, we apostates are the problem.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had a similar experience some time back with former very close" freinds" you are quite within your rights to be indiginant at his self righteousness , I too sent a scathing letter back .

Good for you

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's all a bit childish for someone who hasn't spoken to another person in years to make a special effort to contact him to tell him he can't talk to him. Such egotistical posturing doesn't require any response. But I think the response provided was pretty good too.

jwfacts:

A JW definitely needs to be made aware that you no longer equate being part of the organisation as having any relevance on your relationship with God.

Well yeah... except the JW needs to be made aware that you aren't part of that organisation, and you can believe whatever you damn well want.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I may have added something like:

"lets check in with each other in say, 40 years and see how much time this system has..."

oz

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Thanks for the replies and feedback.

I think some of you touched on what really bothered me, the fact that he saw it necessary to reach out to me just to tell me that ha can't talk to me. I had not realized that is what upset me so much. What a stupid thing to do.

Oh well, nnot a peep out of him since my last reply. I think it all has to do with him trying to get reinstated. He's been trying for 2+ years and been turned down more than once. Guess ha thinks being facebook "friends" with someone like me can hurt his chances.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The mentally captive love to get on their high horse. They earn more treasure in Heaven.

Sorry, man.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"My ex BIL (who is DF'd for 3+ years) "

"I think it all has to do with him trying to get reinstated. He's been trying for 2+ years and been turned down more than once."

Okay. That answers my question. I was finding it quite apalling that a DF'ed individual would have the audacity to poke at someone else when their own status is... well, according to their own rules - is in question.

What a moron. You did well - even after drinking a bit. ;-)

What is one of their scriptures about removing the rafter from their own eye before trying to remove the straw from your eye? I don't recall it, but doesn't it basically tell 'em to buzz off?

In any case, no reply from him is good.

If it were me, I'd take it a step further and block him on Facebook - or whatever it's called. Just because.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit