Modern-day Noah rebuilding Ark in Maryland

by Simon 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

This hillarious.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20649021

"I am just like Noah," Greene says. "They're laughing and mocking just like they did Noah. But the flood still came, and Jesus is still coming."

If anything, it proves just how rediculous the idea of a man building that thing with stone-age materials, never mind the preposterous idea that all the species on the planet could fit into it.

I do with someone would follow the suggestion on 'The Newsroom' though - these crazies that claim God has told them to do something: ask what his voice sounded like, how they knew it was God etc...

• Simon
    Simon

Just look at how much he already got done, LOL.

I don't think it's going to float either ...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Great gimmick for a church.

S

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

I visited the area about 10 years ago and saw it. All of the local dubs made fun of him for wasting so much time on it.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The thing is just a building...a church...an auditorium. It's probably not going to be seaworthy and I think it's a great idea to attract new members. He's not actually predicting a worldwide flood or anything. It's just a model that shows that in God there is salvation.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Okay, so when it's all done, just collect a couple (or seven?) of each "kind" of animal living on earth, enough food and fresh water for all, and. . .

BON VOYAGE!

• moshe
    moshe

A steel framework? WTF?

Do you know how long it takes to chop down one large tree with a copper axe? Try a week of hard work. That is why nobody has ever attempted to rebuild Noah's ark using authentic tools from Noah's copper age. At the rate they are going, they better add a mausolem for a final home for their members.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I don't recall Noah having access to pre-fab steel I-beams and rivets...

Just as this man discovered - to build a large structure - you need a large level plane to build it on, you need steel and concrete - wood won't cut it even on level ground, let alone in a turbulent ocean. When Noah prayed for a bulldozer, did god send Noah 5 bulldozers?

Pretty disgraceful, honestly. Three million dollars that could have been spent any number of ways that could have actually helped that community... and here it was sunk into a marketing gimmick gone wrong - a flat spot with some rusting I-beams on it.

Seems pretty incompetent to me.

- Lime

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Positive proof that religion can bring out abstract delusions in people.

• moshe
    moshe

I'm not surprised at people's ignorance anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit