Jehovah's Witnesses came round to my house

by Chariklo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

A couple of days ago, Jehovah's Witnesses came round to my house.

Nothing exceptional in that, you might say. It happens every day, all over the world.

But those of you who know me, or who have followed my story, know how traumatised I was when I finally got away from them, and you'll remember that I wrote a letter three or four weeks after walking away, ending all contact.

Contact is never ended, of course. Living in a small town I run into them all over the place. Some have been shunning me, while some have been giving an outward show of being friendly. Recently, this last week or so, one or two have been putting on the pressure again. Telling me how they miss me. I am not taken in!

Anyway, on the morning in question, as I came out of my front door, there they were outside. I had my car keys in my hand and went right ahead and unlocked it. They asked how I was. "Fine," I replied, and asked how they were. The formalities over, they plunged straight in...or rather, he did, he being an elder, and one of the two who had so traumatised me earlier in the year with their bullying tactics to make a sister with a mind buckle down and prove she was a member of that inferior species, womanhood.

i am very tempted to give a blow by blow account of this conversation, because it was very brief. He tried, he played the "this is the truth" card, but I replied. "It is NOT the truth". He came back with one of the stock replies on a card I'd been given to help me indoctrinate people on the doors, which wasn't very bright of him, and I countered by telling him his time was up and I was out of there.

The two of them went down my path barely three minutes after walking up it. It gave me great satisfaction, to watch them go off, sorrowing over this lost potential sister. I've since thought of many things I could have said, but I just plucked words out of the air and it enabled me to stop him in his tracks, so I was pleased with myself.

On the other hand, I had requested no more contact. Do I need to send a supplementary letter? Those people had me looking over my shoulder for months, I am not scared of them any more. I felt I'd scored a victory!

An interesting thing the next day. I ran into one of the most timid sisters, in the town. We'd encountered each other a few days before and she had been very friendly and missing me(!). This second encounter, she looked at me as if I was dangerous poison. I was graciousness itself but left, smiling. Maybe I got my message home and the news of my impending perdition has gone right round the Kingdom Hall!

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

u go girl

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thanks, Honeybucket! It felt good!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You are now the Gossip of the Congregation..

Front page News!

...........................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Next time you get confronted by a JW who says you know its " The Truth " in their expressed self righteous indignation .

Throw the guilt back at them by saying .... NO it certainly is not, do your own personal research.

You can even say .... look up religious charlatan in the encyclopedia.

The WTS. has never sat with the Truth concerning the Gospel of the bible, it has always been commercialized adulterated

version by its own creation..

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Outlaw! I love it! I've earned my very own Outlaw cartoon! :D

Finkelstein, yes, definitely. I am armed! You know, occasionally one, a sister, says to me wistfully "we have nowhere ese to go, do we? There just isn't anywhere else". I have a little feeling that she has doubts, but she doesn't admit it. I'd love to get her really talking.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are certainly other Christian based faiths around that one can search out on themselves, the problem with JWS is that there is so much

repulsion and fear laid upon other religious faiths as being evil and false, this inadvertently locks most people into the vise of the WTS., since

their very lives are being threated. Make no mistake about it the WTS. knows how to lure people toward their organization and they know

perfectly quite well how to keep them there .

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Carrot and stick together.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Unbelievable! I just had two more JW brothers come to my door.

I gave them short shrift. It is only 6 days since I sent the previous elder away with a flea in his ear.

These two were another elder and an MS.

Ideas, anyone? Are these people barmy?!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Circuit Overseer visit?

They just noticed you were missing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit