If Someone Tried To Get Into An Altercation With You How Would You Handle It?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

I don't get in altercations. I'm a very peaceful man.

• Glander
    Glander

I've had a few confrontations in my life. I was always on the defense, never offense, but I made it clear I was ready to go, if that was the deal. They backed off everytime. On one occasion I was very dissapointed because I wanted to kick their ass. It helped that a big elder, my uncle, pinned my arms behind me.

Such was my youth. Today, I try not to piss anyone off unless they are over 80 and female. Even then it's best to just cop a Sunday and run.

LOL

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

" You keep campaigning for that ass-whooping, you just might get elected." -Joe Dirt

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Of course I would try to defuse it and walk away.

People who try to provoke physical altercations have serious issues and an axe to grind so by "being provoked" you would be helping them to HURT you, not to mention providing free entertainment for idiot onlookers.

• flipper
    flipper

I'm a pretty peaceful guy who tries to respect others dignity. I'll try to diffuse tense situations through diplomacy . That being said - I'll never start a fight, but I'll sure as hell end it - so don't %uck with me . I can hold my own. And will defend those I care about and love

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I assume we are talking about a random person, like a drunk, hobo, or insane person on the street. Cagefighter has a 3 step rule. If I am futher than 3 steps from avoiding the situation (i.e. my car, home, or whatever establishment I am heading into, then once it is clear I am being addressed, accosted, or assualted by the aggressor: I square my shoulders, position my feet in a fighting stance, keep my hands low and pocket keys or drop any bags that might encumber me. I look my opponent straight in the eyes and let out a deep and growling "WHAT?". That usually diffuses the situation. If they continue to approach I verbally deny their request and raise my hands into fighting posture. If they enter the circle of doom (about 3 feet around me at all times, then we start playing UFC in the street.

Happy Holidays,

Cafe Fighter.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If you can calm someone down, do so.

If you can walk away, do so.

If you can't walk away: hit them first, hit them hard. Win or go down trying.

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

• designs
    designs

When I was younger I always had a baseball bat and crowbar handy in the car and then I thought Really?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

its not my job to calm someone down. it is my job to defend my life, property and loved ones or innocent members of my community from the predators.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'd rather be a lover than a fighter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit