What being cheap costs us.. Fatal accident involving bus full of JWs

by pubtruth 30 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Chaserious, that's their WHOLE APPROACH now, have you missed this? With all the "simplified" literature. Have you seen the "Listen to Gawd" brochure? Why are you even bringing this up?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

yes, they do imply that witness are invincible. my aunt works the ghetto and is always talking about murders and drug busts in the territory. when i tell her that she is in constant danger she gives me the ol' pious, smug jw grin and says "nothing will happen". id make fun of her too if she got shot.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and chaserious, in all seriousness this is not a tragedy.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Chaserious, that's their WHOLE APPROACH now, have you missed this? With all the "simplified" literature. Have you seen the "Listen to Gawd" brochure? Why are you even bringing this up?

The simplified literature is kind of a tangent here, but I brought it because I think it's irresponsible to blame the WTS for these people's deaths. If my dog happens to choke on something and dies while I was at a meeting, I think half of this board would immediately call the WTS dog-killers because if I was home I could have taken him to the vet right away. Shit happens.

On the literature point, even as someone who hasn't been to a meeting for 3 years I immediately know what is being conveyed in that picture, and that no witness would reasonably interpret it as meaning you can't get into an accident. I must have heard time and unforeseen occurrence a million times. Unless they stopped using that, no one thinks they can't get into an accident.

in all seriousness this is not a tragedy.

Can you please explain? Does this mean the world is better off because we have two less JWs? Sure hope not...

• baltar447
    baltar447

Oh, I get it. "God protects you!" "Except when he doesn't"

• baltar447
    baltar447

No one's saying the WT is directly responsible. But yes, it was pointed out by the OP that they closed and sold a closer assembly hall. Had their greed for the bottom line not been so great, perhaps this tragedy would have been avoided.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

thats it baltar. even jesus didnt trust his deadbeat dad when satan tempted him to jump.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

No one's saying the WT is directly responsible. But yes, it was pointed out by the OP that they closed and sold a closer assembly hall. Had their greed for the bottom line not been so great, perhaps this tragedy would have been avoided.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

in all seriousness this is not a tragedy.

Can you please explain? Does this mean the world is better off because we have two less JWs? Sure hope not...

not all deaths qualify as tragic... romeo and juliet was a tragedy. this was an unfortunate incident turned comedy because gods protection was expeced. what would they have said if only half of the people on the bus were worldly and all jws survived? it would have been quickley inserted into the convention as proof of jw protection. oh, how wonderfull.

also that they were probably treated more hospitably by the medics than they would have been by the witnesess.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

but it was a tragedy because they were not all killed. did he say that? i think he said that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit