What is up with the influx of electronic readers at the Kingdom Hall

by wannabefree 31 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Take a look at the Dec KM. whole insert on JW.org and how to use it. Includes a section on the ministry and showing people content online or downloading pubs. Emailing a whole downloaded publication can be counted as a placement. No mail shots though...

• prologos
    prologos

pterist; INTERESTING PREDICTION: OWN APPROVED "HARD WIRED" INTERNET DEVICE. AN OLD IDEA, PUT INTO PRACTISE BY THE NAZI PROPAGANDA MINISTRY. IT WAS "DER VOLKS EMPFAENGERS) LIKE IN VOLKS WAGEN, IT COULD NOT GET BBC . THEN THERE WERE LAWS THAT GOT YOU PRISON IF YOU LISTENED TO BBC ON A BETTER, OFTEN CUSTOM- BUILD RADIO.

THE IDEA OF A WT ONLY WTPOD WOULD NOT WORK IN A FREE MARKET. PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW NOW. SO ITS DOWN ALL THE WAY.

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

you aint cool unless you PEE YOUR PANTS-

Now they can judge eachother over what brand their e-reader is. talk about keepin up with the jones

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

One Sunday I saw a blonde sister with an e-reader who was using a highlighter to underline all the answers during the Watchtower Study.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Prologos **** PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW NOW***

I agree, regular open minded people want to know now, the GB says jump, the r&f say "how high" !

Shalom my friend.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This Must be killing The Governing Body. A Bible Track and Magazine publishing organization that being put out of business by modern electronics, good by paper publishing as a form of money making hello internet emails.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've told this story before. While I was forced to be a dub but I had mostly woken up, I was at an ass-embly. I was required to take notes. Doing so made me sick to my stomach--writing down that misogynistic, dull drivel full of lies and half-truths...

I started taking notes in shorthand to amuse myself. (Yes I was required to take a shorthand course in high school since the elders said all girls needed to take office courses so we could all find part-time "girl appropriate" jobs for pioneering. But I digress.)

Anyway, I realized no longer could the enforcers check my notes to confirm I was writing appropriate stuff. So I started writing whatever I wanted--profanities, "This sucks," "This is all lies," "Sister x is stuck up," stuff like that. (I was a teenager...)

I didn't realize they are now allowing ereaders. hmmm. Now it will be that much easier to goof off during meetings. Without screen illumination, it would be quite easy to be reading something entirely different than the litter-atrash, and not get caught.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wont be shocked if the org let it slide, meetings must be the most boring thing in the universe nowadays, all the meat gone, and chewing the old bone. To be able to play with a tablet all through the Watchtower will give publishers another 3 years of interest in a sunday meeting.

• stillin
    stillin

all that money spent on e-readers that could have been donated to the worldwide work! That money goes so FAR in third-world countries!

My wife is pressing me to get one. There will be two.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good point, robdar, about the non-illuminating screens.

It seems that we here at JWN could do a service to those who still go to meetings, to recommend e-readers that can't be read over the shoulder. Mine has a slick feature, it allows highlighting of the text. I wouldn't recommend it, though, it is way too slow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit