WT Study Article for 12/9/2012

by RagingBull 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pterist
    Pterist

Data-dog ****They also gave my back the privilige of running the microphones!! JK...***

I HEAR you ! lol

• sir82
    sir82

I love the subtle transitions in there...wait, on 2nd thought they ain't so subtle.

Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally.

No spit, Sparlock. So far so good.

Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings.

Wait - what? How did we go from "mistakes that affect us personally" to "minor failings"?

What about cases where elders royally screw up, and seriously damage the life of someone, perhaps permanently? Is that a "minor failing"?

And it gets better.

Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders

So now it's not even a "minor failing" - the problem is in the "perception" of the sheep!

Got that? The elders don't make mistakes! It only looks like they do! If it looks that way to you, it's your fault - your perception is screwed up!

Oh what a loving organization!

All together now, the theme song: "Blame the victim, blame the sheep, blame the she-e-e-e-ep!"

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them.

Wow guilty before a hearing. Well glad to see that they have such a balanced sense of justice. Maybe they don't appear because the accusation is BS and there is no basis to sit in a room with three morons having stupid questions thrown at u

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Now DRINK that d*mned Kool Aid!!!

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

So when someone else, perhaps a sister has "minor failings", will Jehovah(governing body) also overlook these shortfalls? Is being an apostate worse then being a pedophile? is it up to "Jehovah"/governing body to decide. The good ole boys of the elder club doesnt get disciplined, if they do you probably wont hear about it. All is ignored, but rank n file get the beat down.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

"This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment becasue he does not like something about the doctor."

Ever hear of patient rights? A patient can go see another doctor. A JW can't go see another elder body. Not the same. Ludicrous analogy.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I love, love, love this article. No not the content, but how stupid it is. Stuff like this has got to wake up a few slumbering souls sitting in the KH.

Their comparisons are getting worse, if that is even possible! Elders are like doctors?!?!?!??!?!? Hilarious.

The 'real truth' is that publishers are getting more educated, even if they aren't going to college. The abundance of information available through the internet has a secondary effect - its called COMMON SENSE! Many are realizing these dopes dressed up with the title "elder" are nothing more than spiritual policemen. Invading privacy, enforcing petty rules, and running their good ole boys club.

No wonder people are wising up to this scam and simply saying "none of your damn business" when the elders come calling. I hope the trend continues.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I can see the analogy of elders being like doctors. James 5:14-17: "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him. 16 Therefore openly confess YOUR sins to one another and pray for one another, that YOU may get healed. A righteous man’s supplication, when it is at work, has much force."

I don't have a problem with the analogy of elders being like doctors. I only have a problem of them likening issues we have with elders to that of a patient getting treatment from a doctor they don't like.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I want a second opinion....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LQ - Which is it, in your last post you say its ludicrous, then you contradict yourself.

Talking out of my ass here, but my understanding of the scripture in James is that the original language refers to someone who was physically sick, not spiritually sick. That would actually make sense as the second section refers to sins being forgiven. No mention of DFing, or non-forgiveness as a JC often ends.

Also, doctors have to go through years of education. Elders have to go in service for 10 hours a month. Not really the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit