WT Study Article for 12/9/2012

by RagingBull 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Cannot wait to hear comments on this article "What Kind of Spirit Do You Show?"

under the subtitle "Avoid The World's Spirit", after mentioning the accounts of Korah, Abiram and Dathan (complaining agains Moses)..paragraph 6 states ...

"Some in the first century also became critical of those entrusted with authority in the congregation, "disregarding lordship." (Jude 8) these men likely were dissatisfied with their privileges and tried to influence others against appointed men who were conscientiously carrying out God-given duties. - READ 3John 9,10.

paragraph 7 makes such statements....

"Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world's spirit, vehemently demanding "justice" or that "something be done about this brother"! Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings. Can we not do the same? Because of what they perceive as defects in the elders, some who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment becasue he does not like something about the doctor."

Yes, should make for a great meeting. The GB is letting folks know who's the boss. and that avoiding the Elders judgments or being as critical of elders and the GB as they are of you, makes you a wickit person full of the spirit of the world!!!

How DARE some of you refuse to show up at a JC hearing! LOL

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jehovah may choose to overlook certain minor failings.

Sure, like all the paedophiles that are practicing their vile depravity when they get to be appointed as elders.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Did not Korah challenge Moses position as the only mediator. If this is correct, the anology today would be anyone challenging the mediatorship of Christ Jesus as th only way to the Father ! ....namely, the GB, the Pope...etc

Shalom

• Londo111
    Londo111

And how does one know Jehovah is overlooking failings? By the same logic, did He overlook failings such as the Crusades and the Inquisition? Who defines minor? Should not Jesus have overlooked the failings of the religious leaders in his day?

Really this sentence means: The Organization will choose to overlook certain major failings.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally. If that happens, how inappropriate it would be for any member of the congregation to react according to the world's spirit, vehemently demanding "justice" or that "something be done about this brother"****

I read Pauls's letter to Titus this morning. It showed the high standard that leaders in the church should have. If these standards are required, there must be a provision to maintain these standards. Turning a blind eye to abuse is NOT only wrong but ENABLES the wrong doer. The standards were set up to protect the flock, not to enable the spirit of the world in it's leaders.

Shalom

• hoser
    hoser

"Elders may make mistakes that affect us personally."

The question is are they really mistakes? Are they actions designed to manipulate us in a certain direction against our best interests?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's a case of 'Shut up and put up...OR ELSE!'

• hoser
    hoser

me thinks they are tightening their grip!

or at least trying

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I will most likely vomit during this " study ". I will let all of you know if the Elder that was actively trying to get dirt on me comments on this paragraph. I have noticed him commenting and using specific wording from some of my letters to the Elders. This will be an interesting weekend to say the least. Make sure you are not ungodly by seeking justice.

Pterist,

Awesome comment. I told the Elders that no human is occupying the seat of Moses, only Christ. When they heard this they ripped their outer garments and asked me to pray in their behalf. They also gave my back the privilige of running the microphones!! JK....

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

"shut up and put up" indeed!

I think this is timely since there are plenty (i'm sure) of persons baffled and confused by the recently "New Light" about the FDS. This article helps them to be quiet and "respect the authority" - which are the FDS aka GB and their elder minions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit