So we are created in God's Image and expected to freely forgive those who trespass against us..so why doesn't HE?

by StoneWall 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Let me ask you Cold Steel if your neighbor burned down his house and you appeared before the local Judge and he said to you, due to the fact your neighbor did such a thing, you also must give up your right to your own house and move out (through no fault of your own) would you consider that Justice?

Well, in this case, yes, if I were to get to move to a mansion and a fleet of beautiful new cars. But it wasn’t quite like what you describe. You see, Moses did see the promised land and in great detail. He’d seen it in vision, but his real reason for wanting to go was to accompany the people there. But it was a blessing the Lord fully intended to deprive His People of. They had been a huge disappoint since the day they left Egypt, and when they had been given the opportunity to behold God and hear His voice, they were frightened and deferred to Moses to obtain God’s word—and this angered the Lord.

After Moses was taken, he was permitted to see the promised land in as much detail as he wished. He saw the children of Israel go into the land, but was not permitted to take them there in person. Nor were the people permitted to see him. Once one passes through the veil, he or she is able to see things that are happening all over the Earth. Moses had been the prophet who led them there and who had taken them through the desert. But now he wanted Joshua to step forward and usher Israel into the next chapter of its existence and fulfill his destiny. Recall, too, that Moses was told by the Lord before he was taken out of Israel’s midst: “Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them; and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.”

So the Lord knew that Israel had not changed, and for that reason the story would not have ended well had Moses continued. As it was, Moses and his people had survived a great deal, and now Moses would be handing the reins to Joshua and a new story would soon begin. Many would be the adventures of the people in the new land, and many would be the challenges. Moses did not seem to be heartbroken over not continuing on with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit