So we are created in God's Image and expected to freely forgive those who trespass against us..so why doesn't HE?

by StoneWall 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

well i went through the first part big time on my thread non believers what if your wrong. its alot to type check it out if you want to see it.(im on a cell ) so it hard to type long. second when adam sinned one of the first things that they did was notice they were naked,so the covered themselves with leaf /plants whatever. than god covered them with animal skin,which most likly came from an animal that god scarficed,and god covered them with it, which is why i believe able know of scarfice because jehovah did the first. thats just my take.

• designs
    designs

Christian forgiveness first required a hanging....

• Heaven
    Heaven

when adam sinned one of the first things that they did was notice they were naked,so the covered themselves with leaf /plants

So if you don't cover yourself then you're not sinful, right? Just sayin' here that there are people who live naked in this world. But they are usually in a climate (like the Amazon rain forest) where they don't need clothing like these people:

Female Amazon Tribe Members

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

heaven: ur reading to much into what i was saying, the focus was that god covered the with a scrafice, which was what happened(animal sacrifice) until our lord and savior came.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So if god forgave Adam then why did he make the rest of us suffer?

Might check your thread later....

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ok cool its looooooooooooooooooooooooooong

• Satanus
    Satanus

'which was what happened(animal sacrifice) until our lord and savior came.'

So, since jesus' time, nudity is ok? Strip joints are a celebration to jesus' sacrifice removing guilt and signifying forgiveness. I would expect christians to be celebrating this, whenever possible. For instance, at his death celebration, one would expect the faithful to demonstrate their faith w nudity.

S

• tec
    tec

I meant to make a correction to my post, but I went to bed, sorry.

When someone wrongs you, then they SHOULD repent. Should go with out saying. Repenting is not payment for forgiveness. Repenting does not even reverse the wrong you did.

Forgiveness comes for free because you do not require that a person do anything to 'earn' your forgiveness.

Is it a condition for forgiveness? It can be. Hard to forgive someone when they aren't even sorry, and especially if they are going to do it again. So repentance can make it easier for a person TO forgive. Then again, sometimes we forgive even without it, so not necessarily.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

The covering was not animal skin. It was the skin that we have now, this vessel, that covers the spirit inside. Adam and Eve were 'naked' because everythign about them (not their flesh, who cares about that?) was exposed - their thoughts, emotions, wants, etc.. including their sin. The sin that they had just committed, the taking in/knowing of good AND bad (death).

God did not kill an animal to sacrifice to himself, especially not in the Garden, (a spiritual place). He said many times through the prophets that this is not the kind of sacrifice that He asks (instead, feed the poor, loosen the chains of injustice, do good to one anther, etc)

Christ's blood covers us so that death (which is in us because of sin) has no hold on us; same as death had no hold on Him. (shown as an example from when the angel of death passed over the houses that had put lamb's blood on their doorway).

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

naked christians? maybe not. for your sake ill keep my jeans!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit