Let me get this straight about the FDS latest thinking

by wha happened? 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I thought there was some wiggle room there a bit, like they mentioned annointed ones working at world headquarters or something similar.

They may have weaseled around it, but they meant Governing Body - and everybody in the JWs knew that was what they meant.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

All of the comments about the GB making it up as they go along reminded me of:

The Pathological Liar

liar

• 00DAD
    00DAD

njy: I thought there was some wiggle room there a bit, like they mentioned annointed ones working at world headquarters or something similar. I thought the annual meeting talk did not say GB members, did it?

Here is that they actually said, reposted from page 2 of this thread:

Annual Meeting Report

“Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?” The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.” - Emphasis added

<http://www.jw.org/en/news/events-activities/annual-meeting-report-2012/> accessed December 5, 2012

Keep in mind that these guys do not need "wiggle room." They can always make up something new at any time.

Little things like facts, logic, consistency and truth are apparently irrelevant in WT/JW "theology."

• Dagney
    Dagney

(waves to Ann)

Great find. I'm having a bit of a JW social week. I soooooooooooo want to bring this up. Probably won't. Futile. Face palm.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It might be interesting to get feedback on what they think. No challenging of responses, just asking and listening.

• Violia
    Violia

Many years ago ( early 90's) and elder I knew well told me that this was indeed just a corporation ( he hob nobed with the rich and famous jws and the knew the GB and all that jazz) and they would not be changing anything in their belief system. Too many people's lives were dependent on this corporation. When he verbalized what I already knew , all I could do is lower my head and weep for all the years my family had wasted. I wept for my father who life had been so severely affected by WW2 and I wept for myself and my children for the abuse we had been dealt at the hands of something no better than Barnes and Noble.

he even confirmed to me that Greenlees was indeed homosexual and did sleep with the Bethel boys and was just reassigned instead of Df( which you know they would have done to anyone else they caught ). He himself was gay, technically bisexual (married) and kept it hidden all the years in the org and died in excellent standing.

I admired him and was disgusted by the hypocrisy , hard to explain.

The wts has been planning on being the Catholic Church for a long time. I am surprised by NOTHING.

Big Face Palm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit