Let me get this straight about the FDS latest thinking

by wha happened? 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Who thinks that the GB spent numerous hours working out the " will this new light paint us into a corner?" They no doubt looked and twisted and ttweaked and re ran the outcome and questions that would have been raised due to this change. The real question that they should ask themselves if this is truly new light, why did you worry about the fallout? This is direct from Jehovah himself ad there will not be any fallout. Just your act of looking into this should prove to you that the idea of who the FDS is originates from men's minds, Not a gods mind.

A god does not need to CYA.

NJY

• whathappened
    whathappened

This "new light" should actually be called "a hot mess." I don't think they thought this through very carefully. It's going to come back and bite them in the butt and I just hope we are all around to "witness" it.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Notjustyet,

"[GB]...will this new light paint us into a corner?"

Whathapened,

"I don't think they thought this through very carefully."

THE GLADIATOR

"That which is crooked cannot be made straight."

I wonder if they Society will be able to explain it's way out of the problems that exist with this new understanding. I agree with the above posters, it doesn't appear they gave it much thought.

There have been at least 4 different understandings of who the Faithful and Discreet Slave is to date. Who's to say there won't be a 5th or a 6th. There were some rapid changes in the explanation of what the 'generation that will not pass away' meant, so if the problems with the latest FDS idea are too big for them to handle there may be another flash of New Light in the not-too-distant future.

What they've got now seems ridiculous. As AnnOMaly and Indian Larry asked, if Jesus appointed the Slave in 1919, and he is supposed to inspect the Slave when he returns, where has he gone. He returned in 1914, but now we have to believe that he left again in 1919? Where did he go? When will he be back?

I can't wait to see Watchtower's clever explanations, but they probably won't float very well.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

from what i understood (that is an overstatement trust me) is that there is two FDS. One that existed in the first century that the parable did not apply to and the one that exists today. The way they put it is, Jesus had no reason to ask "Who really is the FdS" because it was clearly the apostles.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"we may not understand until paradise"

That's exactly the type of thinking, or lack thereof, that the "GB" wants.

This just hit me last night as I was wondering how the GB was able to dismiss the entire new testament

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I was told that the definition of the F&DS was "clearly" explained in the "blah blah" book (all these books sound the same). I was told it was green and given to people after baptism. I asked that it be read to me over the phone and I heard the term GB several times but had trouble discerning through the other blabber whether other people were included.

Can someone tell me the name of this book?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

THe OM book? If so, it's really old now

• whathappened
    whathappened

I think it is called the Qualified to be Ministers book, it is old, really old.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Would it say that the F&DS is the GB?

• prologos
    prologos

the new light shows there intra-mural thinking, their total rejection of the scriptures on that one. there was no central authority in the first century! rev. 2. 7 AUTONOMOS local congregations, No CO,DO, Branch, Zone, GB. instead:elders answering dirctly to Christ. . John did not dream that one up. So, they really believe that they are at the top since 1919.because its true. for those within those walls. remember the berlin wall ? the long fence? when something like that breaks everyone is on his own hedge(d) fund. its not funny/\.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit