Jehovah's Witnesses View of Jesus Compared to the Early Church

by cofty 148 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Superb. I remember discovering some of this when I first starting researching the internet many years ago, and it opened my eyes to how far removed from 'primitive Christianity' JW's are.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Excellent piece Cofty! Probably the best piece I've seen you post on here!

I really can't see how JWs can call themselves christians as they only ever give Christ lip service. It's the biggest thing for me. They say as 'true christians' we shouldn't pray to him, shouldn't worship him or give him glory... by saying that, they are going directly contrary to the very source of christianity!

Hope you have some more stuff like this from your old days as a believer Cofty!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have never read one piece of convinging evidence that Jesus = Michael the Archangel. In fact nowhere do the srcriptures say that they are the same person. I know I was told that they are, but in my own reading I never got that feeling. To me it just seemed like more speculation.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: you where a believer while you were jwn?

• cofty
    cofty

Probably the best piece I've seen you post on here! - Tornapart

hahaha "If at first you don't suceed, 5881 attempts later"

I really was a believer - honestly!

Randy feel free to use any of it if you think it could be of use on your site.

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - I became a christian after leaving the WT. Actually I was a christian before I left.

I worshipped with a Scottish Baptist congregation but never thought of myself as a Baptist. When our pastor left I was part of the preaching rota. Theologically I was conservative evangelical.

It was about 9 years after that when I lost faith.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty leave the dark side of the force and come back! lol

• cofty
    cofty

haha - Thanks for the invite unstop but you can never "unknow" stuff. Once you have taken the red pill...

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

repent you must,live you will lol sorry i just was watchimg empire strikes back .

• tornapart
    tornapart

Cofty: hahaha "If at first you don't suceed, 5881 attempts later"

Well, I must confess I haven't read all 5880+ posts of yours Cofty.. LOL ... who knows what other gems I may have missed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit