Ransom paid. But still you gotta suffer!

by punkofnice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

With my recent rise to atheistic agnosticism(?) I pondered this:

If the death of Jesus paid the ultimate price.....then why didn't it all end there and then and everyone got to heaven or walk into paradise with a panda?

Why would god continue making, oh, sorry, 'allowing' people to suffer? Was the death of Jesus not good enough?

Why bother with 'preaching' any further and humans continue to suffer the same way? Surely there's no need to preach any further as all future generations have been forgiven?!!?

Sounds like god doesn't exist or if he/she/it does, isn't very good at thinking of better ways to redeem mankind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, and faith is supposed to be the activator. Or, should it work without faith? Should it be automatic, in a legal sense?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can think of better ways. But, it's based on a wrong premise, anyway. How does it connect w your agnosticism?

S

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Satanus - How does it connect w your agnosticism?

I now see organized religion as totally pathetic and delusionary. This includes Christianity and Islam and anything else I'm sick of having thrust under my nose by insane zealots.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Why bother with 'preaching' any further and humans continue to suffer the same way? Surely there's no need to preach any further as all future generations have been forgiven?!!?

The Apostle Peter talked of Noah and the people that were saved in the Ark then said this.

1 Peter 3:21

(That, by the way, is what baptism pictures for us: in baptism we show that we have been saved from death and doom by the resurrection of Christ, not because our bodies are washed clean by the water, but because in being baptised we are turning to God and asking him to cleanse our hearts from sin.)(Living Bible)

The Apostle Paul said at Romans 10:14

"However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn will they hear without someone to preach?" (NWT)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ucantnome - I guess all the 'Holy' books have some get out clause to justify their validity. Sadly, it only proves to me at least, it's all a con.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Come on now, punkofnice. You can't indict Christianity because the JW version doesn't make sense. In JW-land, of course, Jesus came to settle the cosmic bet. Your question makes sense from this weird perspective, but that is not the orthodox and ancient teaching. JW-ism is, here again, nothing at all like Christianity. So pointing out errors in JW-ism is not the same thing as pointing out errors in Christianity.

• Pterist
    Pterist

No Christ......suffering world .....death

Christ...........suffering world......hope of glory, freedom from decay and corruption.

Shalom

• designs
    designs

Sulla- and the Orthodox answer is?

• cantleave
    cantleave

No Christ......suffering world .....death

Christ...........suffering world......hope of glory, freedom from decay and corruption.

You are pretty much stuffed then, if you happen to be born in a non-Chritian part of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit