Ransom paid. But still you gotta suffer!

by punkofnice 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kevun
    Kevun
    2 Peter 3:3-9

King James Version (KJV)

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

NOTICE THE NEXT VERSE!!!!!!!!

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that compassion ( to suffer with another) is a trait that very few people associate with God BUT the trait that Christians SHOUDL see as THE defining trait of God ( because of Christ).

• clarity
    clarity

As so many say on here why do we still suffer?

>

Why are gods messages not CLEAR and can be taken so many

differing ways?

>

Why is suffering allowed to continue ... hasn't enough

blood been spilled to satisfy this god? Does he still need

more to prove he is top dog god?

>

When this starts to get to me well ....I go to Carlin------>

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80856112/

start at 2:20 if you like

clarity

• badseed
    badseed

It's because of all the hidden fees. Didn't you read the fine print..lol

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So Armageddon / End times / Judgement day will never come?

And as for the "scoffers walking after their own lusts", well they were right weren't they? All things are continuing like there is no God / Jesus

Everyone who has ever lived, has died.

I was taught, as a child that I would never die. Coming to terms with mortality is hard for normal people, but for people brainwashed since birth aka 'taught the holy writings' it's a real difficulty.

Just as a thought experiement, imagine a world with no God. Not a world without people who believe in God, just simply a world with no God. How different would things be?

I think things would be exactly the same...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Because then the prophecies pointing to 1914 as an obvious start date wouldn't work. Duh!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks again for the replies.

The trouble with quoting the Bible is that it's just one of the 'holy' books and is relpeat with 'get out clauses' for god.

I'm sure the Quran has these too. (Both books that have bred violent murdering loonies).

Perhaps we should all band together (not), and write our own 'holy' book then in 1000 years time there'll be nutty cults arguing how true it is. *SIGH*

I cannot accept 'holy' books as authority.

A nutty Muslim stopped me in the street once and asked me to join Islam. I said I cannot see evidence for a god.

He got really angry and shouted at me : Do you want god to write in the sky and give you a message????'

My reply: 'Yes, actually!'

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

lol punkofnice.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When I gave public talks about the true religion my illustration was the question: Where's the best place to hide a tree? Answer = In a forest!

I have come to the conclusion = there is no tree! (not spoon!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit