For the GB, it's all about attention!

by NoRegrets 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

JWs all dressed up-

reminds me many years ago I was leaving a McDonalds on a Saturday around 11:30AM and I passed a table full of people- a hodge podge mixture of ages and the top off was they were all dressed up- and the pre-teen lad was wearing a tie- I came to a halt and stepped back a few steps and turned to them- "excu-uze me all, I'm testing out my psychic powers (fingertips rubbing my temple) - are you folks Jehovah's Witesses? moshe stopped them in mid-chew and finally the elderish guy said, "uh, yeah we are".

OK, I'm right again! Thanks!

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Interesting point about the appearance of prosperity Zid. That's a very probable theory. So many JWs took so much pride in finding slashed-to-the-bone prices on fairly nice attire which made them appear of a status that they did not posess. (Well-to-do, educated, or whatever.) Either way, it gets them the attention that they crave to stand themselves out with whatever side effects. I have also had another epiphany to myself or at least a simplification of some collective thoughts- THE GOVERNING BODY IS JEHOVAH! Jehovah, God, whatever you want to call He/She/It has been transposed as interchangable with the GB. They are His thoughts, his voice, the ones who make his supposed rules. They have are their own god. They have crowned themselves and are "the man behind the curtain". Jehovah is just the name of their puppet that they manipulate to exert fear and inspire awe in the minions of the organization. (Is this a bunch of nonsense or a revelation to anyone?) Am I a little drunk? NR

• Satanus
    Satanus

Moshe

The demons told you that. They know who are jws and who arent.

S

• moshe
    moshe
    The demons told you that.

Do you suppose I gave them some indigestion? Next time I'll ask, who wants to give me a free home bible study!

-

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

LOL Moshe!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

no regrets, that is so right on. i was leaving taco cabana on sunday as a jw family entered. i say they were jehobos because the were at taco cabana and not olive garden. this family looked liked like the photo that comes with a picture frame, even the 8yr old had a bow tie. and as the father entered last i looked at him and told him that he had a very handsome family... not something a black person is used to hearing in texas. i think he was going to use that as the convo. starter but i hauled ass before he could.

point. this was one of the prettiest families i have seen in a while. if he had made a presentation and if i didnt know the schpeil, i might have taken bait based on my perception.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Moshe

I see I'm not the only one who is tired of your Racist rants about Obama (re your "late" thread)

Keeping in mind my post hear will probably be pulled too but I took the risk.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...point. this was one of the prettiest families i have seen in a while. if he had made a presentation and if i didnt know the schpeil, i might have taken bait based on my perception." fakesmile, above.

That reminds me of a funny story...

A while back, stuck in a grocery store in Billings, Montana, I had the opportunity to observe a VERY funny exchange take place among a Jehovah's Witness family. A father, a lovely red-headed mother, and a little girl and boy, whose ages I would have guessed at 6 and 8.

The husband and wife, both very attractive and very nicely dressed, were standing in the store discussing something - I didn't catch THAT part, but the discussion got heated, tempers flared, and they ended up yelling at each other, in public.

Then, unable to resolve their conflict amicably, the two parents turned their backs on each other - and in one of the most chilling demonstrations of using a child as a surrogate adult/mate, the father turned to the little girl and began cooing over her while the mother turned to the little boy and focused all her attentions upon him.

It was funny, sad and frighteningly telling, all at once.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping this excellent and under-viewed thread again...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping this excellent thread again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit