I quit being an Atheist!

by cyberjesus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    For a Christian, it is what they believe that makes them so, even when actions don't align. That's not how an a-unicornist constructs the world.

Perhaps, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, belief IS doing so...

Not sure which one begets the other though....at times it's hard to pin point if belief is first and doing second or of doing is first and belief second.

I believe in love so I love, or do I love and then believe in it?

Not sure if there is much difference in practical terms though.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Now you've gone and f**ked up the narrative---what am I to do? Call them non-nothings? And that brings in the awkwardness of the double negative

How bout if you call them by their names? ;-)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

what we really want defines what we do... and what we do defines who we are... therefore what you really want defines who you are...

sooo if you dont know what you want? who are you?

and once you define what you want, are you really willing to do what it takes to get what you want?

Jesus.. I hijacked my own thread.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Jesus.. I hijacked my own thread.

My fault, didn't mean to take this outside of where you may have wanted to, sorry.

I think we all agree that we all have beliefs we feel very strong about ( human rights, gender equality, protection of children, etc.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I'm a little down on this label classification thing why should you let yourself be classified and who is the classifier, be unclassifiable, and live by no man's code.

None the less I enjoy the banter that goes on between these groups atheist/nonatheist but I hate to classify it like this because that maybe be too restricting of what I gravitate towards.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, then, welcome to the board, born-again nothing cyberjesus!

Are you going to change your on-line name soon, too??

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

then i would be nameless

• DubR
    DubR

Very interesting point cyberjesus. I was always proud to be called an atheist, probably because I despise religion because all the harm it does. But your view reminds me of NonStampCollector's ATHEIST!!!! video. One stick figure guy went through 50 gods asking the other if he believed in them. Of course the answer was no but when the guy got to Yahweh the other guy said no. NOW he is considered an atheist. Its like no one living today is an atheist for not believing in Thor or Zeus but not believing in Yahweh makes us one. Kind of retarded logic. Hell Zeus seems cooler than Yahweh. Maybe I just fall under "not religious" not sure now.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't see how being called atheist limits you in any way. Sure, other people think they totally understand you if they hear you're an atheist. I don't care, lots of people think giving something a name totally explains it.

A-theist, without god. Unlimited, in other words.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

yes the pretense is wrong to begin with.

The word God is a descritption of a imaginary figure to begin with.

What the heck are we even discussing the concept of belief on "God"

we might as well call it "chukoo chukoo" a monster of 4 heads and wings who farted and the prize that came along with the fart was the big bang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit