I quit being an Atheist!

by cyberjesus 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I think the term "Atheist" was coined to accomodate a "Theist" population to understand someone with an opposing viewpoint.

I find it interesting that for many... their life is arranged around their belief in their Deity.. That was my case when I was one...

I think that calling myself an Atheist its accepting a defact stand of Theism of the world and extends and validates at some degree tha myth.

I am an "Atheist" as much as I am an "ADarthVarthian". I never call myself by the second... nor I have to negate the multitude of fantasies and myths that people choose or are trapped in believing...

Next time when people ask (if they ask) "are you an atheist" my response will be.... "uh, a what?... am sorry I didnt see that movie" but I am fine thanks for asking"

What is an atheist really? Someone who doesnt believe in the myth of God? Isnt God a word created by someone in the first place?

By the way.... I think agnostics are ignorant... but not of the existance of a God... but of the definition of the word Atheist :-)

In my almost 3 year anniversary of freedom from the cult and the myth..

I am a born again nothing!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Humanist ?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL---

I too resent (just a little) being defined by my relationship to a god that I don't believe evidence shows exists. Which is why I use non-atheist to define a person to their relationship to people defined by their relationship to a god they don't believe evidence shows exists.

Now you've gone and f**ked up the narrative---what am I to do? Call them non-nothings? And that brings in the awkwardness of the double negative.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wha?? You don't believe in darth vader?? Omg. Congrats on being born again, in any case.

S

• NewChapter
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

No person shoudl be defined by the non-belief in anything.

What makes you, YOU is what you DO believe in.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

A nothing :-)

My life is not based around the non belief in a deity the same way the life of a Theist is.

The whole idea of a God or a whatever is just the result of the imagination of someone.

If you talk to someone who believes in some crazy idea... we know that there would be no logic as the person would defend that idea that is in their head.... well Quack or God or Dios is another crazy idea from someones head... I dont mind discussing ideas.... if they are constructive or artistic :)

Like someone said earlier..why do we need to take a position about a myth?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

What makes you, YOU is what you DO believe in

I dont know about that... I think what makes me ME me is what I do.

And what i do will be defined on how bad I want to achieve what I want.

therefore in an active and productive life who you are is defined by what you want.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I dont know about that... I think what makes me ME me is what I do.
    And I what i do will be defined on how bad I want to achieve what I want.
    therefore in an active and productive live who you are is defined by what you want.

Sure, but I find that too many people equate "what I do" with what their jobs are.

I think that is too limiting at times.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I think what makes me ME me is what I do.

'zactly!

For a Christian, it is what they believe that makes them so, even when actions don't align. That's not how an a-unicornist constructs the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit