Great Crowd & Earth Questions

by turtleturtle 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Can you Christian believers be open to the idea that you are dealing in fantasy- as the third meaning of myth. One set of books yield so many differing views.

not in a billion years, designs. Not in a billion years. Neither will Muslims, and neither will Jews. That's why those 3 groups will continue to duke it out for eternity until they either wipe each other out or our sun finally collapses. All too busy "interpretting" their books and slaughtering one another so they can all reach their respective after-worlds.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The 144,000 is just 1/10th of the entire number of kingdom seats. Read Isa 6:13

Sorry, dear Lar (peace to you!), but that's inaccurate.

Isa 6:13 And there will still be in it a tenth, and it must again become something for burning down, like a big tree and like a massive tree in which, when there is a cutting down [of them], there is a stump; a holy seed will be the stump of it.”
    The stump remains natural Jews so that the Abrahamic covenant does not fail.

This is true; however, you forget something critical: while the rest of the tree (Israel) is cut down, yes... ALL of Israel WILL be saved. They just won't all be kings and priests in the "royal priesthood/holy nation", as part of the "people for a special possession." To state that the 144,000 are 1/0th of the entire number of kingdom seats purports to put a number on those seats (to another 144,000 x 9); however, the total is unnumbered. And there is good reason for this: the number is NOT SET. Rather, the TIME is what is set. The number is determined once the
    "Door" is closed. No man can close that Door, though, and so no man can number the rest, which you know as "the great crowd." That "crowd," includes OTHERS of Israel, some NOT of the sealed 144,000... because it includes people out of EVERY nation, tribe, and tongue. Including... Israel.

Please... please... stop trying to understand by "scrupulously observing dates, and times, and months", dear one. Such will NOT reveal anything to anyone. If you TRULY want to know what you appear to... simply go to the Source, dear one. I know you believe you are him, sometimes... but let's get real, luv - if you were, the tribulation would have occurred and all of us living would have come out of it. Because the Holy One of Israel returns "immediately AFTER" that period has ended. In addition, you would have gathered those of us who belong to you... and taken us to the Father's house for our marriage TO you. I've never met you, dear one... and so I think I can truthfully say I have not been married to you... in any sense of that word. Nor has anyone else, at least from a spiritual aspect.

You have a great ability with calculating dates and times, dear one... but that skill won't get you into the kingdom of God. There is only ONE Way: through the Door (John 10:9). Not through interpreting signs.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

sigh....

• designs
    designs

'Billions and billions' Carl Sagan

• james_woods
    james_woods

"Eternal" life on Earth becomes a rather silly notion when you understand the Hydrogen-Helium fuel cycle of the Sun.

It will last a long time to come - but certainly is not eternal.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    " Can you Christian believers be open to the idea that you are dealing in fantasy- as the third meaning of myth. One set of books yield so many differing views. "

One must, dear designs (peace to you!)... because one must "test" the inspired expression. Even we know that not all such expressions originate with God. So one would have to be open to the possibility that it's fantasy, one's own self, perhaps even "demons". When the EVIDENCE repeatedly shows one otherwise, though, it would be foolish to ignore the evidence... wouldn't you agree? I realize that it might be hard for some, those who've not received evidence. But look at it this way: a lot of creationists reject the "evidence" as to evolution... because it doesn't show THEM "proof" of the claim. Too many holes (for them). Whatever evidence there IS isn't sufficient to convince them. Same thing: the evidence that convinces ME... is insufficient to convince YOU. But... I don't take issue with what you do... or do not... believe. Or tell others they should/should not believe. Many non-believers (here, at least) target believers as their audience... and try to convince them that what they believe is false. My message is to both believers, as well as those who believe they are believers but really aren't... because they don't know what... or rather WHO... it is they claim to believe IN. I think they deserve to know. My Lord certainly wants them to.

Can you give me a simple timeline of how you feel things will take place? Last night was a late one for me. I was pretty tired and did not read your post as well as I should have.

I don't know how to respond to that, dear DDog (the greatest of love and peace to you!). I have a timeline, yes, but I am not permitted to share it publicly. What I CAN share is that the world should not underestimate Iran (Persia). Nothing can be done to stop what is coming; one can only prepare to save one's own household and loved ones. Because it WILL be a great tribulation... such as has never been seen BEFORE... nor will be seen again. It is panting toward all of mankind. Having said that, I must reiterate: nothing can be done to stop it. Some will try political pressure, even assassination. Perhaps some mini skirmishes. Such won't stop it, though. The four winds will be unleashed.

I DO agree that the 144,000 and the Great Crowd seem to be the same group.

They are, dear one. Both are kings and priests in the kingdom/temple of God. Indeed (for those who need to see it in the Bible), the great crowd are actually spoke of LITERALLY in this regard. Revelation 5:9, 10 The 144,000 are NOT actually mentioned as such.

Whatever the case may be in the end, the WTBTS has no authority to be dogmatic and then abuse the household that they are supposedly serving. I ask these questions again for anyone to answer.

None are, including the WTBTS, actually. But they are truly false christs and false prophets, with the vocation of "misleading, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones." They are the only ones who teach that not all should partake of Christ's flesh and blood so as to be resurrected by him and live forever. To the contrary, they teach that ones will be resurrected... and live forever... WITHOUT doing so. So...

A couple more questions:

1) Does History estimate the number of first century Christians who died faithful?

Please forgive me, I don't mean to sound... well, I guess MY question would be, how could anyone know? I mean, who can say who died "faithful"? Because they idenitifed themselves as "christians"? The GB of Jehovah's Witnesses identifies themselves as "christians" and they are anything but. He is not a Jew who is one on the OUTSIDE; he is a Jew... who is one on the INSIDE. And so, just as circumcision of the flesh did not and does not identify one as a Jew in the eyes of the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... calling oneself a "christian"... and wearing a cross... or toting a bookbag... doesn't make one so.

2) How many Bible Students were there before C.T.Russell died?

Not sure. Did they "number" them back then? If so, someone might be able to give you that information.

They were ALL going to heaven right?

Supposedly.

So there better not have been more than a literal 144,000.

My recollection is that there weren't; however, was that number even an issue back then?

BTW, Rutherford's closing the heavenly door is one of the dumbest things of all time.

One of, yes. Their keeping it closed since was even dumber, IMHO. And the lies to explain since, even dumber. Eventually, they're going to run out of paint. Or find themselves in a corner they simply can't get out of. Not without completely screwing up the rest of their "floor."

All they had to do was be honest and admit that they must be wrong about the 144,000 and not claim to have all the answers...

What, and tell the TRUTH? The "Trooth" doesn't TELL the truth, dear one. So, no way they could have done that. No way they can do it, now, even. Their wormhole is too deep... and their wormword too rancid.

I hope this helps you as you continue with your research. If you've ever a mind and heart to, though, you might consider that there is an easier way to know the truth about all of the things you are curious about in this regard: simply go TO the Way (John 14:6)... and ask. Then, put faith in what you hear from that One.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Indeed, James, the cycle that all stars have. Eventually the universe will run out of fuel for new star formation. We'll have to power the earth via an exploding Tardis (too rare?)

• Pterist
    Pterist

Data -dog **** Pterist, you feel that when ancient Jerusalem was destroyed the G-trib was fulfilled. You don't believe in a secondary fulfillment? You do feel that when we die we will transform to a heavenly existence. You also feel that the 144,000 was symbolic, but it symbolized all who lost their lives in the first century before Jerusalem fell. Of course they actually numbered far more than 144,000. So either way Christians are in a good position provided they truly believe in Jesus. Only those who are really corrupt will fall at Armageddon? *****

1. Q: when ancient Jerusalem was destroyed the G-trib was fulfilled ?

A: yes, based on Jesus's statement about THAT generation would BY NO MEANS pass, until ALL these things will occur, the destruction of Jerusalem, the persecution of Christians and his presence to resurrect them into a New Jerusalem in the heavens, they were the stones built on him. The congregation of the first born in the heavens.

2: Q: You don't believe in a secondary fulfillment?

A: I believe that Satan will be let loose for a short time Rev. 20 for a final battle, at the end of Christ's millenium reign, which is the "church" age from Penticost to whenever.

3: Q: when we die we will transform to a heavenly existence

A: those who are part of the first resurrection rev 20, rebirth in Christ, faithfully life course in his grace and empowerment will be with Jesus. Absent from The body present with the lord...

4: Q: Are the 144,000 was symbolic.

A: the NUMBER is symbolic, as the 12 tribes of Israel that they are taken from. However, I believe they are the little flock, which were mostly Jews.

It seems in Rev. 21 that they have spiritual rewarded "positions" they are the spiritual building, the New Jerusalem, the great crownd will obviously have to change their flawed Adamic nature to conform to the second Adam aka Christ Jesus, so ALL Christians will be blessed with immortality. Spiritual leadership and positions are not like earthly powers, as Jesus said...... AND ..Better is ONE DAY in your courts ....than a thousand elsewhere.

5: Q: Christians are in a good position provided they truly believe in Jesus. Only those who are really corrupt will fall at Armageddon

A: absolutely,.... how many Christians have had a "G-Trip in their life time ? do we ignore all the Christians that read the NT from the FDS of the first century ....... Peter said, as we await the New Heavens and New Earth, we should live lives that are acceptable for this New Enviornment...

mortality Needs to be swallowed up by immortality, that means ALL creation will be freed from decay in the Eternal State.

Shalom, keep me in your prayers.

Appoligises for mis spells are gaps, my iPad completes worterror me that I may not have intended, and I'm a terrible speller LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit