The website rating service WOT is being used to sandbag TTATT sites

by RayPublisher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Falseprophet - You are right that it can be manipulated. This is always the case with any user-based rating system. However, I will say that once a site gets large and hundreds and then thousands of votes are tallied there is a lot less gaming of the system that can be done.

Also the site admins work very hard to minimize flakey stuff, and also monitor for bots, etc. I still think it's a worthwhile plugin for Chrome, Friefox, et al., especially when a popup or errant click tries to take you to a know malware or spyware site. WOT will stop those from getting loaded every time.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yeah I posted a thread about this a while back and IIRC I got a "meh" response.

I've done ratings for all jw sites I encounter as well as all non-jw sites.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Hey all, I'm running into this more and more with respect to researching various topics. Not sure if this impacts the ranking on Google's search engine, but I can't imagine it wouldn't.

Those of you who have taken the time to add the WOT plug-in but have not been searching various sites, you probably haven't noticed the increase in anti-JW site criticism via these WOTS. Many of you who know TTATT are probably doing less and less searching.

I think these sites are extremely valuable for getting variant perspectives.

I will continue doing random searches and adding my own thoughts to the WOT ratings. I'm hoping others will join me.

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmarked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit