The website rating service WOT is being used to sandbag TTATT sites

by RayPublisher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I recently sent an email about this to a couple dozen of my contacts. (It is included below) Has anyone else encountered this problem with WOT?

WOT (Web of Trust) is an excellent plug-in that I have used with Google Chrome for quite some time, but have noticed that many of the sites run by dissidents and former JWs to expose the lies and hypocrisy of the WT automatically have "dangerous" reputations according to WOT, and my browser will actually pop up a warning not to visit the site when trying to go there. Apparently JWs are giving negative ratings to anything that is not "pro-JW.org" in their opinion.

This includes sites like . www.watchtowerdocuments.com (Barbarba Anderson's site) www.jwstruggle.com . And many others. Anyway, just an FYI that maybe we can work on combating this tactic used by militant JWs in their efforts to stamp out "anti-JW" and so-called apostate sites. BTW, here is a link to the JW.org scorecard on WOT. . . -------------------------------------------- ---- The email I sent ---------------------- -------------------------------------------- Friends: . If you can take 2 minutes and give JWStruggle a positive rating that would be huge- the link is below: . http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/jwstruggle.com . WOT (Web of Trust) is a site and a plug-in for your browser that people use to see how reliable, honest, etc. a particular website is. What is happening is I've noticed that JWs that encounter any site critical of the WT use WOT to give a bad rating to the so-called apostate website, thereby sabotaging the site for others and flagging it as "dangerous" when someone else stumbles upon it. . I feel this is unfair and of course could stop a sincere person from learning TTATT. I am going to try and post something more on this if possible...I'll keep you informed! . Thanks again, Eric, aka JJ --------------------------------------------

Can I rate the site multiple times? You get all A's in my book, Eric. :)

Please EVERYONE vote!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Thanks Ms. Loading! I think you can only vote once.

Although you can comment multiple times, and reply to the "haters" that have given negative comments on there lol...

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Registered and voted! Hope it's o.k. if I bump this thread a few times over the next couple days. Shall I call it theocratic warfare? I noticed that some one had said to go to the societys site for correct info. Wish I would have thought to see if it was on this site for rating. Think I will check that later!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I've voted from two different email addresses.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

A huge Thank You to those of you that have made the effort to vote! www.JWStruggle.com is no longer considered a "dangerous site"!

WOT rating of JWS

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Their server is in Ireland?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking...

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

www.JWStruggle.com is no longer considered a "dangerous site"!

It shows how much 'trust' you should put into "Web of Trust"! Easily manipulated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit