How many Bikers we got here? (fluff)

by Geordie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Geordie
    Geordie

Just wondering how many of us "apostates" have gone all the way and become bikers.

I have just bought a Yamaha XJR 1300cc and i also own a VW Trike.

Any one else out there into Leathers/heavy drinking/rock music/rallys/drugs? oh yeah and bikes?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I dunno about 'biker' but I have a Honda Silverwing, metallic burgundy color. It used to be owned by a Catholic priest.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Im a wanna be Biker

• Introspection
    Introspection

I still have this really cool BMX, does that count..?

• Geordie
    Geordie

A freind of mine once turned up to a Goldwing rally on a silverwing and they wouldnt let him in. Thought that sucked my self. Just re-inforced the reasons why i dont want a goldwing.

WildTurkey. Go out and buy a bike then. Its a hell of a way of life m8. probably the biggest and best family in the world.

• dyan4help
    dyan4help

At the congeration I attended there were quite a group of elders and friends who owned harleys. They got together and went riding around it large groups in southern united states. They rented large chateaus in the smokey mountains,got durnk at the bars there and played in the hot tubs back at the chateaus. They called themselves, "Bikers for Christ". The lead biker was the PO of the congeration. He has since been replaced.

Dyan

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I used to ride, Geordie. When I was growing up a dub and living with my parents, motorcycles were strictly forbidden. (My real father died on one, but that's a whole nuther story)
    I was always told (besides the danger) that they were a sign of "spiritual weakness".
    Well after my df'ing, I managed to finally get on 2 wheels. My first bike was an old Honda 400 Hawk with the Honda-matic tranny. I moved up from that eventually to a 76 Honda CB750E. The "E" designation was this obscure custom model with extended front forks. I put on different sprockets for top-end and laid some "ape-hangers" on her. I even topped her out one night at 140. Now you have to picture that, me laid down on the gas tank holding onto those high and wide ape-hangers. That done, I had satisfied my curiosity as to what super high speed on a bike feels like and have never done that again.
    Eventually my baby got wrecked. I managed to jump off the bike and land on my feet. It was a low-speed collision.
    My last bike was a Suzuki Intruder 700. The Japanese finally got styling right by then. Sadly that one was wrecked as well. I had to lay her down when some idiot pulled out in front of me.
    His insurance paid me well for the bike and let me keep it and sell it, so I came out $100 ahead on the deal.
    That was it for me. I decided to quit riding. It's just too dangerous these days. Traffic just isn't what it was 10 or 20 years ago. These days you can be riding down the road enjoying your high-dollar Harley and the unmatched feeling of freedom and flight that only a motorcycle can give and out of nowhere BAM! Some dumbass soccer-mom is barrelling down the road in her oversized SUV yakking away on her cell-phone and she'll never see you.
    It just ain't worth it to me anymore. I'll stick to the radio-control 2-wheelers from now on.
    The rest of y'all, be careful. Some of us look out for you, but way too many drivers don't.

Mike.

whatever...

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Oh and by the way, Geordie. Alcohol and/or drugs DO NOT belong on a bike! If you get in the saddle, you damn well better be sober and unimpaired. Party however you want, but not on the bike!
    Mike.

whatever...

• Geordie
    Geordie

Just to clear that issue up bendrr.

I have never ridden a bike eather under the influence of alchohol or drugs, nor am i going to start now. I have however taken ppl's car and bike keys who have been or have been going to DUI.

Ive lost quite a few m8's now to pissed car drivers and i have to say that there is far more car driver's by percentage that drink and drive than there is biker's, at least that's how it is in the UK.

In my oppinion, any one who takes the life of another whilst driving under the influence of anything should be charged with murder.
    No ifs, no buts.

• Xena
    Xena

I wanna be a biker chick..does that count???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit