Celebrating Christmas?????

by DATA-DOG 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

I love christmas.

Holiday, family, food, drink presents, lights, decorations. What's not to like?

• DubR
    DubR

LOL I promise about 3 years ago I started a thread and asked this SAME EXACT QUESTION in the same manner (check it out). Boi I have matured since then

• umadevi
    umadevi

It doesn't make any difference to me whether it's Jesus birthday or not. I like the family gathering and celebration. It's fun especially if you have young ones!

• Blessed one
    Blessed one

Christmas is or should be about celebrating our Lord Jesus. One way we can honor Him is to spread around what He so overwhelmingly gives us every day: LOVE.

Love to others, love to our family, love to our coworkers, etc. How? By giving a nice card, a present, a wonderful meal, a plate of cookies and a glass of milk, whatever. By getting together. By spending the day together. By sharing our precious time with others. By creating new memories for our children. By taking that time of year to reflect on all our blessings and taking the time to appreciate and enjoy them. And by not getting on each others case about celebrating or not celebrating Christmas!

The date might not be right, the tree might be pagan (what was the meaning supposed to be, any way?) but are God / Jehovah / Jesus displeased by us celebrating Christmas by sharing love with others and having joy in our heart? I think not :-) So....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hello Blessed One welcome to the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit