TIME TO VENT - What Is Your Least Favorite Thought Terminating Cliche' ?

by Perry 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I managed to get an Elder to talk at length about the Problem of Evil ,in the end he literally ran away down the street from me, saying over his shoulder "There is no answer !"

What I would have replied if he had stayed would have been something like "Using the Sherlock Holmes method, having discounted all possibilities bar one, the one you are left with is, however improbable, the answer, so the answer to the problem of evil is that the Universe is totally random and as my friends across the pond say "Sh*t Happens!".

But I never got the chance , it was as with most of the JW responses, a really silly conversation stopper.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When confronted with an impossible question - ''Oh, that doesn't matter. It's the truth!''

When told the TTATT - ''If there's anything better I haven't found it. If you find it let me know!''

''It's the nearest thing!''

When confronted with 'old light'(TM) the very circular - ''They're just imperfect men doing their best!'

''It's all from the Bible!''

''They were never part of the U.N. It's an apostate lie!''

• secondary priorities
    secondary priorities

the big one: "the truth."

it's an arrogant assumption for anyone to think they possess 100% truth of anything...and when the witnesses use it, it is particularly irksome. it's extremely close-minded, and immediately places the possessor of said term on moral high ground. it's condescending and leaves no room for new information (unless it comes as new light from the watchtower.)

i agree with "leave it in jehovah's hand"

and

"where else would we go?"

anywhere but the kingdom hall! that's where.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

wait on jehovah

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

"we have to remember that we are dealing with imperfect men."

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we are members of a victorious organization

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"Jesus told me I'm right and you're wrong."