TIME TO VENT - What Is Your Least Favorite Thought Terminating Cliche' ?

by Perry 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• talesin
    talesin

"The worst JW is better than the best 'worldly TM ' person."

and, as Zed said

"Where else would we go?"

t

• Londo111
    Londo111

"Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?"

• undercover
    undercover

"The Bible says..."

• Perry
    Perry

“Well, it just depends on the person.”

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Anytime a conservative says something negative regarding liberals. I'm not what you would call a liberal either, but when I hear someone state, "the liberals this", or "the liberals that", my ears just shut off because it's pretty much guaranteed that whatever point they plan on making isn't from the heart. Rather they're going to repeat whatever they heard from whatever pundit tickles their ear.

• Dune
    Dune

When a person of a particular race, religion or group says something stupid and that stupid phrase is paraded around and analysed as if the person is a spokesman for afformentioned race,religion or group.

• Dune
    Dune

"Imagine a man with superhuman strength, how ridiculous it would be if he would just walk around picking up and putting down heavy things just because he had the ability and the same thing applies to God and why he couldn't have known about the serpent in the garden and Adam&eve's eventual sin"

• everchangingworld
    everchangingworld

"don't rely on your own understanding."

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    When a person of a particular race, religion or group says something stupid and that stupid phrase is paraded around and analysed as if the person is a spokesman for afformentioned race,religion or group.

I get a kick out of that. Some white people swear up and down Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson are black people's spokemen. I get the feeling plenty of those same white people won't come out in the open and say how they really feel about black people so venting on Jesse and Al is their only avenue of releasing that frustration besides what they say behind closed doors.

• Dune
    Dune

"I'm Not Racist But..." - Proceeds to say something racist

"I'm Not Homophobic But..." - Proceeds to say something homophobic

"I'm Not An Anti-Semite But..." - Proceeds to say something Anti-Semetic

"I'm Not Gay But..." - Why do you need to qualify your sexual orientation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit