Is Your Life In Ruins Because You Were A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you moving on?

I see some have a very hard time in life because of their Witness past.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Well, the answer is Yes, but I try not to let it affect me too much. Enough Said.

• minimus
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm struggling right now.

Wife left me 3 months ago for no 'Biblical' reason. She claims it wasn't due to my 'apostatasy'(TM) but that was the reason communication and the marrital 'due' broke down. I have the two boys with me 17 & 20.

The rent is high and I'm getting very little help from the state because I'm working. One boy is at college the other one is between jobs.

No money. Big bills. Can't cut down any further.

This was all the watchtower's doing. They used my JW wife to punish me and she can't even see it.

I'm in a dark place.

The watchtower has won!

• Scott77
    Scott77

My life was ruined to some extent but now, I feel under full control. It was a kind of hard work and perseverence. The JW life is like an addictive and harmful drug in which the user is unaware of what is happening inside him or her. That is why I learnt alot about JW lives from other's expereinces. Being outside the box has indeed been a fruitful and rewarding experiences for me.

Scott77

• James Brown
    James Brown

I think I would have been better off today, If I was never a JW.

I'm 60 years old, I left in 83.

Never got on the right path after leaving the tower at 31.

I wont say my life is in ruins, it is pretty good and better than a lot of people

I know.

But I think it would have been even better with a college education and career out of high school and

not going to meetings and pioneering in my formative years.

• minimus
    minimus

Not pursuing an education has harmed countess JWs, in my opinion.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Very sorry to hear of your problems Mr Punk, makes mine really insignificant.

I am still trapped in due to wife and family and I feel so many years have been wasted. It was finding this site that woke me up to all the WT twaddle.

George

• featherimiss
    featherimiss

My life is not in ruins...but it is sometimes delayed.

I've been out for 12 years....and I'm very happy and understand what I went through and the JW faith.

..but many times feel like a social retard. I enjoy the holidays...but don't totally understand them like my friends. I love my church and love my faith...but don't have a deep passion. I plan on going back to pursue my bachelor's degree (I'm 44 years old)...but mourn the experience that I would have enjoyed learning as an 18 year old. I love my parents...but mourn our relationship...because I can't share what I'm doing most of the time...prime example...my mom just called me from Ohio...I live in TX. She asked, what are you doing...I said getting my Xmas ornaments out of the garage. She held her breath and changed the subject. When my parents came to visit this summer. I wanted to invite all of my friends over to introduce them to my parents...but held back...because I knew it would make my Elder Father sad to know about my bible study group. So I don't lie to them...but I'm just not totally open.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It was for a while Minimus yes. Dfing and divorce brought a breakdown. Loss of loved children brought terrible grief. But I have moved on, very definitely. My heart goes out to you Punk, I do hope things improve and I'm sure they can. Please feel free to PM me anytime. The damage from the WTBS can't be eradicated for any of us I don't think, but we can triumph over it and make our lives worth living, rebuild and find happiness, despite our losses and our sadness over them. I wish for this for all of us on here.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit