Is Your Life In Ruins Because You Were A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Such a lot of sadness on this thread.

Loz x

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I don't think many people can come out of the thing unscathed. Even I, in for so short a time, came out with raw wounds, still in the process of healing.

But with life intact. Not in ruins, though definitely harmed.

• Most Noble
    Most Noble

what a sham organization, my heart goes out to you all.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Quirky1 - don't even think about it!

I am sorry things/ are looking bad right now, but that is not the answer. Don't let this evil organization claim another victim. Please, please, talk to someone about this. You can PM me if you wish to discuss. I have had depression, I've been there - it can get better.

Remember, living well is the best revenge!

• mind blown
    mind blown

Quirky1 my heart goes out to you Please know many on JWN are here for you 24/7.......

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Quirky1, we are missing Killa and BrokenPrincess. I'm not comfortable with these types of statements. I know they're sincere at the time they're spoken, but ... this is hard.

The WT is not worth the life you have left.... Don't give it to them.

Stay with us. Whatever way you have to, stay with us.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Not anymore. It was badly damaged, but in the last eleven years, I have been able to rebuild my life.

Like many, I felt badly affected by the WTS's anti-stance toward a university education. Currently, though, I am in the process of applying for membership of the Institute of Engineers, as an Engineering Associate (this is about as far as a busted @$$ electrician like me, who is staring down the barrels of 60 years of age, can aspire to go!)

If successful, I would feel a certain sense of satisfaction from achieving this on the 40th anniversary of their making me abandon my apprenticeship. Anybody want to wish me luck?

Bill.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I don't think it would be fair to answer Yes to this question because there is no way of knowing how things would have turned out otherwise.

I wasn't raised in it (thankfully) so I had a "normal" childhood. I came in with a job and an education so I can't say they messed me up on that score.

I hate them for their lies and wrong prophecy, the mind games, trying to exploit people and separate them from their relatives. I hate them for THINKING they were going to knock down my self-esteem and because they are jealous, hateful, small-minded and sick!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks to this site and a few others, my life, and that of my immediate family, has turned out fairly well.

I was beginning to smell a "1914 generation" rat in my early twenties, (mid-1980s). Realized I needed to find a real career. Took a few college courses (no degree) and found an occupation that has provided for me and mine fairly well.

My biggest regret is that I joined my JW family in shunning my gay DFed older brother for 20 years. Can never get those years back. Making up for lost time now.

Big Bro

om

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

yes, it is in ruins. theres so much collateral damage and wasted potential that comes with being a jw. you lead this stunted, pathetic life...and if youre smart enough to leave, you leave with nothing.

i look at the lives of people my age and see the relationships theyve built, rich, rewarding human relationships (the kind that take TIME) and i look at myself and just feel lonely and f**ked up.

oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit