Does God's foreknowledge take away from free will?

by Christ Alone 317 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

EP:

Why won't any believe answer my question? I've asked politely several times.

I already said something about that (randomness) on page four of this thread. In the section under "God 'knows all things'" That may or may not be what you are looking for. Something truly random would have to be unforeknowable/unpredictable. Otherwise it would not be truly random.

Incidentally, randomness in quantum physics originally interested me because one of the holy grails of programming is random number generators. It can be imitated, but somewhere along the way there is always something non-random that gives it a predictableness. For example, many of such generators involve the computer's system clock which ticks 18 times a second. This is why cypher codes also have a habit of being broken. At some point there is always a pattern.

(I don't know how to copy a link that causes the page to auto scroll down to a particular post. That would be handy.)

I also encouraged, or at least expressed the hope, that the discussion would remain civil. I didn't care for your being called drunk. Although I know discussions can get impassioned at times.

Take Care

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Sorry, a (random) double post. : )

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Entirely Possible...

you asked: "Why won't any believe answer my question? I've asked politely several times.

If God can know/guess/predict/etc. the future and there IS free-will, is there ANY chance, any percentage or any possibility that a person making a choice could choose differently that God thinks or has seen it will turn out?"...

I think because God can see the beginning from the end He can see your final choice [regarding Jesus Christ] as well as every choice you make before that. He is ever present in your "present", past and future.

love michelle

p.s. I say "regarding Jesus Christ" for the reason that the bible IS a dialogue between God and those He chose to be His servants...So everything that He wants to relay to mankind is outlined in the bible. That being, HIS plan of salvation. This doesn't mean that He isn't concerned with those who don't believe, because He makes the sun to rise on the wicked and the righteous...but He DOES have a purpose that is fulfilled (romans 10:1-36)and that His purpose is fulfilled as a blessing to the nations through His servants is His primary concern...xo

• tec
    tec

If God can know/guess/predict/etc. the future and there IS free-will, is there ANY chance, any percentage or any possibility that a person making a choice could choose differently that God thinks or has seen it will turn out?

Technically, I suppose there must be... because we have free will.

Is He going to be wrong... no.

Seems like a conflict, I know. But I have come to understand that some things we see as conflicts are simply due to our lack of understanding of the truth. And are we arguing this from an extremely limited perspective... yes ;)

Peace,

tammy

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

EP: you won indeed the debate (if we can call it that) but you really lost....several hours of your life.

Besides it wasnt even fair... you were drunk and CA was sober.... you should have been drunk and asleep.

And by the way it wasnt a debate... it was more like a one sided argument with yourself because i didnt see not even one response to one of your arguments.... such a waste of.... bandwith.

Any way dont you get tired of fighting with yourself :)

just saying!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

sizemik: strawman! got ya! i dunno what that means but sounds great..

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

JWN believers: God knows everything, he even knows what you are gonna do tomorrow...

EP class: If God knows what I am gonna do tomorrow then why give me free will?

JWN B :because he wants to give you the option of doing the right thing...

EP class: But if he knows what is gonna happen tomorrow he knows what choice i am gonna take tomorrow, why wait?

JWN B: Because he decides to not use that power of foreknowledge...

EP class: so he knew of all the suffering before hand?

JWN class: thats our fault not his...he just knows but its not his fault... you took that choice.... anyway you dont understand god.. you are drunk. strawman! you need to read the bible more.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

EP it would be more fun if you wrote you own contra-arguments

• Pterist
    Pterist

****does God's foreknowledge take away from free will ?

Who allowed you to say this ?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

God did... but its ok because he knew he would.. so it all goes according to plan...

didnt you read your horoscope this morning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit