The Nature of God

by sabastious 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I work on it!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You work it well. It's the same reason I am so awesome, too. The EVIL that dwells within the hollow emptiness where my soul should is is an extra gland that secretes EVIL awesomeness, making me witty, smart, successful, handsome and an all around badass.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Evil is liberating. It also frees the brain. Where righteous ideas used to crowd things, once removed, it allows so much more room for pure and creative evil.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is striving for intellectual honesty and knowledge an expressive evil ? Yahweh forbid !

Sab's search for god continues ....

If he only knew that all he had to find god was to simply look in a mirror

• prologos
    prologos

People, the topic was about god the creator, not navel gazing.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Navel grazing? I thought they were talking about the evil of pushing god out.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It does. In fact, I am SOOOOO utterly evil I just killed some things for my own pleasure! First, I got two young boys, about 10 and 13, into my car with promises of video games and pie later, then I drove them out to some public game lands down a long, deserted dirt road (no hunting on Sunday where I live, so no one was around) and we hiked out into the woods about half a mile. Once there, I unsheathed my machete and started hacking and hacking. Cleanup was a mess, but totally worth it. Now the remains are drying in my garage for the next month or so.

Yep, it's true, my pure evil soul took my sons out into the woods where we picked out some saplings to cut down to make walking sticks out of. We took them back home, stripped the bark (that was the messy cleanup part) and now they are hanging in the garage to dry for a month or so before we start working on them again. Got some lunch on the way home and now the kids are having some leftover Thanksgiving pumpkin pie and playing video games for a bit.

Pure evil, doing stuff with my kids.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

People, the topic was about god the creator, not navel gazing.

Wrong. The topic is "The Nature of God". One of the points brought up was how not worshipping <version of God the OP subscribes to> makes you evil. We were discussing the nature of that evil. Totally on topic.

Try again. And stop looking at my navel.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Pure evil, doing stuff with my kids."

Yep, that sounds evil alright.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Sab - What do you mean it is fallacious? It is not a lie. Leapt not to your conclusion before your argument - 'tis bad form.

Which one of these Gods do you wish to claim as the original and authentic and which a copy or imaginary creation akin to the imaginary paleo-american gods (or do you claim those as well!?)

Enlil (Sumerian) co-creator of humans then tiring of their noise sender of a destroying flood which one man , Utnapishtim, survived with the help of another God Ea/Enki (symbol the double headed snake - considerd the master shaper of the world.).

El (Levantine God) married to Asherah and considered father of the gods and creator of creatures, son named Ba'al (symbol for both : bull)

Yam (son of El - one of the Elohim), God of the water.

Teshub (Hurrian)- god of the weather, described as carrying a triple thunderbolt.

Ra (Egyptian) - god of the Sun, creator of life (spoken into existence by his secret words).

When two different ideas and gods got merged (Elohim - many gods and Yahweh single god) you get very obvious contradictions and purely mystical interpretations as the plain words simply contradict. We have two Genesis accounts, two Golden Calf stories with the ten commandments mixed in, two David and Goliaths, two flood stories, a global flood killing all but Noah then a few generations later Giants and so on. It, the books of the bible, are so inconsistent that trying to draw a straight line through teh narrative fails and clearly the poor attempts to mash multiple stories and multiple Gods into one god and then by the NT a further effort to cram Jehovah into Christ burst at the seams many times. Modern day westernised Christians then go back and add another God on top of all this and start to describe the Jesus they expect would walk these streets (the one who is against slavery, likes women's equality and thinks gays are OK).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit