JW's just called

by l p 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• l p
    l p

The JWs just called. They are new to the congregation since i left in 2002/3.

They were offering a DVD for deaf people to 'Learn what God requires of me"

I said there were no deaf people here.

The other guy that was just standing there asked if there were deaf people in this area. I said no.

They looked so uncomfortable like they didn't want to be there.

What kind of a presentation is that. Presenting to deaf people. You wouldn't come across them much and by this presentation you exclude all the other potential recruits. It shows they just want the majority of house holders to say 'no' or 'not interested'

Lp

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Are you new to that household? If so, maybe they were trying to reach someone who previously lived there. Or maybe somebody wrote down the wrong address when they filled in that form.

• l p
    l p

no Im not new to this household. Ive been here all my life. So I know all the oldies in the local cong. They are new. I watch across the road though, there are JW's living there, they moved in about 5 years ago. The jws didn't go into their house. so they obviously know them and are from the local congregation

LP

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

well, i always wanted the housholders to say no... it just didn't feel right anyway.

• l p
    l p

J.Hofer - Yes I was the same. I prepared a really good presentation from the reasoning book so that I could engage the householder in a discussion and still get the 'im not interested' response from them. it had the JW partner that i worked with whoever that be say 'oh thats a really good presentation'. So i looked like i was trying but really i didn't want to be responsible for bringing someone else into this mess and destroy their family

Lp

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a very inefficient way to find where the deaf live. Most JWs seem to be resigned to never making a convert, so they put no effort into whether their preaching is effective or not.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

perhaps you could have asked them if it was the video about masturbation...

oz

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

We used the phone-book technique during my stint with a Asian group. The Internet, phone book and asking neighboors helped create a map of potential Asian recruits- residents? The same goes with the Hindi,Tamil, Cantonese, Mandarin- Chinese, French, Portuguese and Arabic groups.

JWs need a new "brother Knorr to reorganize their society, they are hurting with incompent record keeping!

Remember that most JWs are not putting in a full hearted effort, they don't return on "calls" they generated in their foriegn field. Often members of the the desired demographic are happy to talk, wanting a free chance to learn English. I found most Filipinos were excellent with English and Spanish, while others speaking Asian languages wanted Dubs to return so they could practice their English.

Northern California has a wide group of cultures, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, China, India (Five languages), Arabic ect....

• l p
    l p

Aussie Oz - yes that cracked me up. Should have thought of that....it probably is....

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

They are probably from a sign language congregation or group, and not associated with your local congregation. The foreign groups tend to use the phone books to try to find people, but since you can't pick the deaf out of a directory, they probably just go around and pick a random house or two in each neighborhood and ask if any deaf people live in the area. Horribly inefficient, but I'm not surprised. It's easy too, because they can easily spend a couple hours driving around without actually having to witness to anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit