If asked to attend a JC...

by Splash 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

I have seen it written many times here that you should not give the JC power by attending it.

This is probably more suitable advice for faded / not bothered if df'd persons.

It's actually a sentiment endorsed by the elders in their (not so) secret handbook:

Shepherd the Flock of God (2010) p.73, point 40, sub point 5:

40. In deciding whether to form a judicial committee or not, the body of elders should consider the following:

(5) Is the person willing to meet with a committee, thus admitting accountability to the Christian congregation?

So if you admit accountability to them by agreeing to attend, you give them power to act.

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Splash - There are varying opinions on this. In my case I was hounded by the elders to attend a JC but refused.

Not only do I not recognize their authority over me but I'm living my life without the need for their god or corporation.

Here's my JC story http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/219297/1/I-was-DAd-after-these-2-letters-What-you-think-guys-and-gals

I have heard of others that have attended for peace in the family. My attitude: Feck that!

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Punk,

I read your story at the time and found it pretty saddening to be honest. I feel you've been through a great deal and even though you appear upbeat most of the time I suspect you are dealing with a lot of difficulties still.

I wasn't giving advice, just a heads-up - each person to decide for themselves what to do, much like you did.

Thinking of you buddy. you're a nice guy and a tough cookie, and I know you can rebuild things for yourself.

Splash

• cantleave
    cantleave

Life is too short to go to these kangaroo courts!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hey PUNK -- It appears your story has been removed. Can't access the link.

Doc

• paladin
    paladin

I don't recognize their authority and would refuse to attend their kangaroo court and never reply to their letters.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I would never attend a JC meeting because it is unscriptural. JW's like to use the old testament as their guide. Judical hearings were all done in public, at the city gates, everyone could attend. The defendant could plead their case.

Not so with our JC hearings. They are done in a windowless back room of a Kingdom Hall with only 3 unqualified elders and the accused present. Very, very unscriptural. As was brought out by another poster here on JWN, they are more like the trial that Jesus got, which the Society blasts as criminal.

• blondie
    blondie

If they are just suspicious, perhaps only having one "real" eyewitness, many times only 2 elders will meet with you to get more proof or scare a confession out of you.

Meeting before a 3 person committee, indicates they feel they have the requisite two eyewitnesses and are giving the person a change to "repent." If the person does not meet with them, I have seen the person df'd without it. I wonder if they used the 2 non-jws as eyewitnesses to a jw vsiting a church?

I would not go...nothing to say and I don't trust any jws to tell the truth. There are the liars and the ones whol confirm it by their silence. As I told elders in the past, God knows who I am and doesn't need their help.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Splash - Thanks, mate. Yeah. I try to be tough but I feel rather dark most of the time.

DOC - try this link... http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/22492/local-BOE-DAd-Septembers-snippets-feel-free-com?page=1

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think you should squander the chance to play about with them, keep changing the date etc

After that threaten legal action against each individual Elder on the J.C, then hit tham with the Doc Bob bit about having your legal counsel present, asking who do they represent, who are they going to pass info to etc as you want to sue the WT if they reperesent them , do they represent the FDS, who is the FDS, how have they got authority etc etc , loads of fun !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit