Awake! 2013 - They finally dropped 'That' statement!

by Splash 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    wha happened? - "And even if pointed out, it'll be a shrug and another sign the End is coming soon."

For now, maybe. Fast-forward 100 years, though...

...cancer and AIDS are cured, terrorism is virtually unheard of, and human life expectancy is doubled... JWs would collectively feel torn between availing themselves of these benefits whilst simultaneously feeling threatened by how effectively they refute the assertion that things are getting so much worse. And as a result, they'll be even more anxious for the End to come and leave them in charge of the planet, just to end the psychological conflict.

* facepalm *

Assuming the WTS would even still be around by then (which would, frankly, surprise the hell out of me)...

• maisha
    maisha

Masonry, like all the religions, all Mysteries, Hermetiscism, and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve to be mislead;”
    “So Masonry jealously conceals its secrets, and intentionally leads conceited interpreters astray. (Morals and Dogma, pp. 104, 105)

• elderelite
    elderelite

@Neverknew- im sorry i should have been more clear, im talking like everyone knows the procedure... When the mags come to the hall they are supposed to be put on the counter so people can take "personal copies" to read and become framiler with. I hate that i know this and i hate that i assume everone else does too....sigh....

• St George of England
    St George of England

They were delivered to our KH almost two weeks ago. There was a major discussion amongst the elders as to whether the Magazine Servant should separate the pairs or leave them to the publishers to do. It was decided that most publishers would probably forget and thus leave two copies of each with the householder. Therefore the magazine servant has to split several hundred magazines.

George

• blondie
    blondie

Mr Freeze, which 2 magazines, December 2012 Awake and January 2013 Awake? December with the statement and January without? So if the publishers would probably forget, why is the magazine servant separating them?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

@st george- So the mags are delivered with one inside of the other? Is this just how they come out of the printing press? Weird...

I can imagine that discussion among the elders...

"Well, stupid Suzy can't even turn her time in regularly..do we really expect her to separate the magazines properly?"

"And dumb Danny over there forgot his last bible reading, so we can't expect him to know what to do with these magazines"

Oh its gotta suck to be the magazine servant now, having to go through hundreds of those and pull them apart!

• St George of England
    St George of England

That's correct, they are delivered in pairs one inside the other similar to the way Kingdom Ministry's are delivered. They probably come off the press in this format. This just started with the January Awake and January 1st (Public) Watchtower.

The January 15th (Study) Watchtower is unaffected as that is still 32 pages.

It really is a time consuming job splitting the magazines, they don't just fall apart!

George

Edit: We had a letter some time ago to say only order these magazines in EVEN numbers, odd numbers or single copies cannot be ordered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit