Awake! 2013 - They finally dropped 'That' statement!

by Splash 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will still go to the Kingdumb Hell, under the premises that "it" could happen at any time. This drops any system of attempting to calculate "it" as being some 20 years away, instead replacing it with "it" can happen in 15 seconds so you had better get on that final sprint and stay there until "it" happens.

Which will result in many witlesses selling out, giving up their lives, and ultimately sacrificing their souls for nothing. Not even being allowed to pace themselves accordingly.

Not that this change is the only one. The Asleep! is down to 16 pages. And, from what I understand, there is no information in the January Kingdumb Misery about the Grand Boasting Session (the 3 day one). I heard rumors this past summer that they were going to replace it with another Great Boasting Session (the one they removed to make room for the Big Boasting Session). Replacing 3 days, plus traveling out of town and possibly meeting someone of the opposite sex pending hounders' approval, with another 2 day boasting session in more familiar territory. Along with more guilt trips for missing one, since it no longer requires Fridays off and it is local instead of requiring a motel stay. Split it up to chunks of about 600 members each, and you limit the chances of meeting a potential spouse. Plus, further stagnation for the soul.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Jehovah's Witnesses are salesmen goin' door to door

makin' promises they can't keep, because flickerin' light

won't let 'em

Now they have to back track and sell somethin' else

to replace the lies they told the first time around

A cycle that never ends, a life of adjustin' one lie after another

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Don't be surprised if one day they drop 1914 all together.

Member Mouthy here is going to be pissed so bad

In some ways they have already by not mentioning it like they use to.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Back in the 1950s 60s 70s 1914 is all we ever talked about.

October 1914 for Jesus second coming 'invisibly' is the CORE CREED of Jehovah's Witnesses

For the Watchtower to drop this creed is like the Mormons dropping Joseph Smith and the golden plates or the Catholics to drop Mary as the 'mother' of god.

HELLO! The fact that the Watchtower always does this 'progressive' shit slowly in increments proves they are manipulative cult charlatan psychopaths.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I knew 1914 was bogus in 1993 I took my stand and I came out and denounced it.I wrote certified letters and left answering machine messages to the congregation elders, to document my position.

I had a crisis of conscience before I discovered Ray Franz COC masterpiece.

There was an appeal committee I did not go quietly and I was dfed for apostasy over my 1914 stand.

VINDICTIATED now, after my JW family was totally destroyed we have now 5 gens of JW family not speaking to each other,and they hate my apostate guts...

• Ding
    Ding
    JWs were informed in 1995 that 1914 was kaput, as far as WT promises go. The informed JWs should have said, Aha! I think I will now stop working for this outfit- but most chose to ignore the obvious. It seems that starting in 2013 the WT publishing racket is not promising anything to the population of the world, so let's see how many will stop going to the KH now-

Alas, Moshe, if the past is any indication, most will continue to ignore the obvious.

• tiki
    tiki

RefriedTruth - that 90's alteration was a real eye-opener to us as well. I remember my hubby making a comment in the WT that I was sure was going to get him d'fed....but apparently none of the brilliant minds caught what he really said. I like your point about the Mormons dropping Smith, or the Catholics Mother Mary.....it is true - the entire dogma was based solely on that one 1914 determination.....

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Who would even notice the statement has changed? I was doing good to skim over whatever articles I was offering at the doors. No one's going to realize that's changed.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey I didn't notice the 1st change until someone ahowed it to me. I never looked at it. I see the same today. And even if pointed out, it'll be a shrug and another sign the end is coming soon.

These sheep just live off the BS passed down to them.

So now who's declaring the public to Awake and for what?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The true dilemma the GB of today faces is how to wash away the WTS. past doctrines which were deceivingly and intensionally established

to attract the attention from the public.

With that in mind, is it really surprising they are now down sizing their operations.

The biggest enemy the WTS. has to deal with today doesn't come from outside the organization it comes from within itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit