share your reaction after reading CoC and ISoCF

by suavojr 42 Replies latest jw friends

• poopieskoopie
    poopieskoopie

On the whole, belief in any religion declines roughly 20% every 10 years. I can see why now!

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

CofC made me cry like a baby! I remember downloading it while at work, and began reading it during downtime...started tearing up and all right at work!! Once I got home, I could NOT put it down. The day I was df'd and I walked out of that Khall - it was like a weight was lifted off me. I read CofC a little over a year later, and the day I finished that book - I let out a sigh of relief through my tears. I felt FREE.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I find it amazing so many long time JWs don't know abut Jesus not being thier mediator. I learned this both reading CofC and sites like this. I searched in the WT CD and saw the evidence of this myself. That one question is one that might, and i really hope it did, might have been a cataylist for my husband actually thinking. It is so far almost two years since I brought this up, and asked him to ask his study teacher. When I first asked him this question his answer was" Of courese he is". I told him that is not what the WT teaches and at that time he was allowing me to bring up thinsgs for him to read, breifly. When he was told that wasn't true , ( and lied about this for many, many months) his eventual admission was " I didn't want it to be true".

The paitence is very hard for me to just wait, silently, for the seeds to grow over years of time. VERY hard since I cant be sure they ARE growing. His mind might be too far "in".

• worf
    worf

When I read the chapter "Double Standards" in Crisis Of Conscience, that chapter by itself solidified for me that I had been bamboozled all of my life. Some tears came because of realizing how the gb exploited the jws in Malawi for their own selfish, wicked and evil purposes. And I remembered the news articles about Malawi that were read at the meetings.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I appreciated that Ray wrote the first book (haven't read the second yet), so well without any hate. One expects to read a book of a mad evil apostate trying to get back at the ORG. But it wasn't that way at all.

• laverite
    laverite

I read both books with great interest. I read them, however, long after leaving the Watchtower Corp. Even though it was years after leaving, I was completely glued to every page and chapter of CoC. I couldn't put it down. I was utterly captivated, and I read it in only about 3 sittings.

• kassad84
    kassad84

When I read CoC and ISoCF, it hurt a lot. Something you invested all your present and future in turns out to be a lie. I saw my self righteousness in believing that I possess knowledge that only exclusive to this group, and feel the need to share it to the more ignorant ones. My arrogance was revealed. I felt my whole world was crumbling. That being said, I did not lose my faith in God. It was foretold that false prophets were coming and they turned out just to be one of those - they're not the only ones. I was amazed that a prophecy that looks so plain as that could pass in front of my eyes and suspect nothing.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I too, read CoC with tears pouring down my face. It was shocking. Made me feel sick, nauseous inside. Heartbroken. Angry.

I also had observations such as, "where is the anger? Where is the hate and vitriol that I would expect from reading an apostate book? Where are the attacks, insults, sly cunning and deceit?" So at first I read very carefully, sure that somewhere in his words were the smooth whisperings of a satanic viper subtly attempting to attack my faith. Yet his words were not that way. Ray Franz presented FACTS. He presented evidence, letters, correspondence, WT articles... and all in a spirit of deep humbleness, despite his personal pain.

At first I didn't want to believe. I made excuses. I thought maybe the GB had become apostate, but that Jehovah would correct things in time because this was still gods organization. But of course, it gradually filtered in that God, as presented in the bible, never had a Christian organization the way the WTS presents it. It took a while for that point to get hammered home to me, as I was a totally indoctrinated dub!

There was also much cognitive dissonance, trying to absorb the things he was saying. It felt like an optical illusion, where you see a thing from the WT/JW perspective, and then a sudden shift to see it as he was describing it. Very strange at first and disconcerting! There was a lot of confusion and disillusion. But people on these lovely supportive ex-JW forums helped immensely and told me to just take my time, keep reading and researching, which I did almost non-stop!!

Ayway, the long and the short of it is that I can now never believe in any religious system! I AM FREE!!!!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I was blown apart by COC and it helped me a great deal. I didn't read ISOCF since I have no interest anymore in Christianity (so called)

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit